Dolphin Questions

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please upload their INI file for Dolphin so I can get proper control settings for Wii games? I'm using an android version of Dolphin incase that matters.

Also just out of curiosity does anyone else have problems getting Simpsons Hit and Run to load? It's the only Gamecube game where it stays stuck on the start up screen and wont load past it. I've tried both opengl and Vulkan with the same result. Thanks.

Last edited by Prior22,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using the official google play version, as opposed to the newer developer versions, just to ensure better stability. I don't think that matters though in terms of the ini file.

Also are you using Vulkan or opengl?

Vulkan.

The latest dev versions actually run a fair bit better than the stable, I haven’t touched stable in months now.

The rest for me was f-zero: in stable it used to have textures missing and fail when race started, on dev build its playable with a little stuttering in menus.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulkan.

The latest dev versions actually run a fair bit better than the stable, I haven’t touched stable in months now.

The rest for me was f-zero: in stable it used to have textures missing and fail when race started, on dev build its playable with a little stuttering in menus.

Gotcha. Anyways do you have an ini controller file that you can upload on here?

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but I played NSMB yesterday and I had A as run, B as jump and R2 as shake, with D-Pad for directions and there was only minor stutter occasionally.

So you preferred to use the d-pad, and not the left analog stick, for the d-pad? Also was it as simple as "up" on the shield controller equals "up" on the wiimote and so on for the whole d-pad.

Last edited by Prior22,
Reactions: KiiWii

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but I played NSMB yesterday and I had A as run, B as jump and R2 as shake, with D-Pad for directions and there was only minor stutter occasionally.

Just downloaded the newest Dolphin development build. However I can't seem to use the Shield controller or remote to add games. The purple add button, at the bottom right hand corner, can't be clicked on. How are you able to click on the add button when using the app on a TV?

PS: I noticed you have a thread in the PS4 hacking section. I'm considering buying a console in the near future. Is there a particular thread to ask n00b questions? I'd prefer not to clutter the forum if possible. One question, for instance, is can a hacked PS4 run PS3 iso's.

Last edited by Prior22,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just downloaded the newest Dolphin development build. However I can't seem to use the Shield controller or remote to add games. The purple add button, at the bottom right hand corner, can't be clicked on. How are you able to click on the add button when using the app on a TV?

PS: I noticed you have a thread in the PS4 hacking section. I'm considering buying a console in the near future. Is there a particular thread to ask n00b questions? I'd prefer not to clutter the forum if possible. One question, for instance, is can a hacked PS4 run PS3 iso's.

Hmm it just works... You start the app, go to settings, add directory, and choose your GC folder, then refresh, same again for Wii, and same again for wiiware.

Use this guide an feel free to ask anything there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

PS4 cannot play PS3 games yet. It is possible to load Linux and run RPCS3 however it’s far from optimised and barely runs, but I’m hopeful that in future it will see playable games.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm it just works... You start the app, go to settings, add directory, and choose your GC folder, then refresh, same again for Wii, and same again for wiiware.

Use this guide an feel free to ask anything there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

PS4 cannot play PS3 games yet. It is possible to load Linux and run RPCS3 however it’s far from optimised and barely runs, but I’m hopeful that in future it will see playable games.

Is it possible to turn off the shield remote, or does it only shut off when idle for a certain amount of time? I ask this because when using the controller with an emulator messages about the remote will pop up during the game. So I'd like to turn it off so the messages wont occur.

Also is there anything I can do in order to stop stuttering audio from occur during Dolphin gameplay? For instance should I try increasing the CPU clock speed? Or maybe check the box for audio stretching?

Last edited by Prior22,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Prior22

Afaik the messages I see for the remote are at the beginning acknowledging the controller is connected, then when you save you see the same style yellow writing message about the save being made etc. I’m sure you can turn off the messages in the settings.

Have you set your shield to MAX instead of optimised in the main android settings? That might help.

Optimised is meant for streaming, the other is meant for gaming, but it’s only about a 3.5-5% increase... every little helps.

Each game is different, try google the game and change settings accordingly, if you can’t find info on the specific game then test some configurations, but always note down what you changed just incase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: