Dolphin on Playstation 3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Prior22, Dec 31, 2010.

Dec 31, 2010

Dolphin on Playstation 3 by Prior22 at 10:11 PM (1,141 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Prior22
    OP

Member Prior22 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just read that the dolphin emulator is currently being converted to work on PS3. When this process is eventually done will this allow for gamecube iso's to be played off an external hard drive? Also is any progress being made on PSX iso's being played via external hard drive? Thanks.

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    I'm sure it will be something like "DS on PSP".

3. Yatashi Strife

Member Yatashi Strife GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A beta for PSX On ps3 has been released already. its called PS3SX and it does load games of the HDD. there are a couple of bugs and no menus yet because it is a pre-release beta but almost all games run at fullspeed!

4. Prior22
    OP

United States
    Fantastic. Honestly the only thing that has been stopping me from buying a jailbreak dongle is psx iso compatibility. I don't suppose there's a chance of an N64 emulator being released too. Also for the PSX emulator is game saving an issue at all?

5. Yatashi Strife

Member Yatashi Strife GBAtemp Fan

United States
    not sure when N64 will be released but the ps3 is pretty much a power house. almost all the beta emulators ive seen have had games playing at full speed at the get go. and im not to sure about saving on ps3sx because i havent used it extensively yet just tried one game to test it for my friends. megaman X6 played fine though! ill get back to u on the saving if you really wanna know before buying your jailbreak device. by the way my setup is:

-PS3 fat v3.41
    -PS3Break v1.1
    -My Book 1TB

PS3Break is a VERY inexpensive jailbreak device that still gets the job done. payed about 30-40 bucks for mine but honestly i would wait because i heard of a rumor the one of the new jailbreak devices that came out will have Ps2 ISO Backup Loading capability. but dont hold me to it cause im not sure if its true or not

6. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
  7. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    you guys should all wait for the dongle-less jail-breaking [​IMG] they already said they will release the 1st go then let the community do the rest since the hard part is done. hint: just like soft-modding the wii.... do not buy a dongle. p.s. there are even public private keys so you can sign your own stuff which the ps3 cant distinguish the difference between it and Sony Sig. [​IMG]

8. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    Too bad it's only for Phats

I'm guessing PS2 emulation is too much to ask for [​IMG]

9. Prior22
    OP

United States
    That's the other reason I've paused on buying a dongle. I keep on thinking I'll spend 40+ bucks on a dongle and then find the software available for free a few weeks already. Any idea when the release of free jailbreak could occur? Hopefully someone from this community will create a modmii type software for softmodding.