Dolphin Emulator progress report: March 2021 - improves free look camera, other notable fixes

dolphin-emulator-1024x672-1.jpg

The beloved Nintendo GameCube and Wii emulator Dolphin has published a progress report, detailing work that the team has completed and added to the project within the past two months. Seven major improvements and features were made in this time, alongside numerous bugfixes. Some of the notable new additions include expanding the Free Look option, which allows you to control the camera and move it in directions not normally allowed by the game. You can now change the controls for Free Look so that you can configure button mappings on your controller or other input device, even adding the ability to adjust the camera with gyro controls.

Other changes involve adding GameIDs for homebrew apps, or other .elf or .dol files. This inclusion generates a ID, which in turn lets you edit specific settings for just that title. A new debug option was also added to the Android build of Dolphin, enabling GPU syncing capabilities, and making certain games run more reliably on Dualcore support, balancing performance and accurate emulation. The full progress report can be seen on the official Dolphin emulator website, detailing each of the new changes.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The nausea, frustration, and fits of rage are bad for your health.
Again, the latter two make sense in some situations, but I've never become nauseous from playing Wii games. Understandable if you're prone to motion sickness in general I guess, but that would apply to every console to varying degrees.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Again, the latter two make sense in some situations, but I've never become nauseous from playing Wii games. Understandable if you're prone to motion sickness in general I guess, but that would apply to every console to varying degrees.
The nausea comes from the frustration and rage and hatred the dysfunctional motion controls cause.

Reactions: Mama Looigi and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k