Dolphin and Galaxy S7...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by artur3004, May 18, 2016.

1. artur3004
    OP

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Now that I have a S7 edge I want to try project m on it. But the man problem is the input. Wii mote pairing doesn't workat all, usb otg official gc adapter won't work either. Any advice?

2. artur3004
    OP

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    no one?

3. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I think it was in Jellybean, when Android has many of it bluetooth keys removed, edited, replaced. It broke compatibility with the Wiimote.

4. artur3004
    OP

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    hmm... wiimote's bluetooth protocoll is HID, so does it mean Bluetooth keyboards and mouse won't work either? Could aoptimized custom rom /kernel bring back this features?

5. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Newer Bluetooth keyboard and controllers still work. The Wiimote doesn't and hrere's nothing we can do about it.

6. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    Unfortunately not. Even custom AOSP ROMs are limited by the way the version of Android from which they are derived handles things like these. If your 'droid is rooted, try something like Tincore Keymapper to get that GameCube controller working with your OTG cable.

7. azy77

azy77 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    What a pain. I remember using my wiimote on the HTC Desire Froyo and Galaxy S3 IceCreamSandwich and it was so covenient on emulators.
    I read somewhere a few years ago that it was still possible to use the wiimote on later versions of android if you have a certain app (called something like usb bluetooth gold) as long as you had a bluetooth adapter connected to the phone though I never tried it.

8. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Yeah if you use a specific kind of usb bluetooth dongle through an OTG cable with one specific app, you can connect the Wiimote. it's not worth it, just pick up a NES30 controller or something.

nxwing likes this.