Hacking Does/Will NTRBoothax support this card?

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTRBoot is my only option of fixing my 3DS. My ARDSi won't work so, I need to get a flashcart. I want an R4 to use for ROMs on DSi 1.4.5 and 3DS 11.5 and to NTRboot aswell.
upload_2017-9-13_16-57-24.png

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i thought that was/is one of those timebomb cards . . . i dont think they will work on a bomb
Don't misinform, please.

https://github.com/kitling/flashcart_core

Scroll down to get to this part. It includes the R4 SDHC DualCore as an incomplete card. They are working on it, even if not actively. Since they can be flased, the so called "time bomb" won't affect the NTRBoot installation.

cards.PNG

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, should I just get a DSTT, NTRBoot with that then use @Apache Thunder 's app for loading non DSi/3DS supported cards on it on CFW?
Get a DSTT if you can't wait for the R4 SDHC to be supported. It will eventually be, but there's no way to say when.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't misinform, please.

Scroll down to get to this part. It includes the R4 SDHC DualCore as an incomplete card. They are working on it, even if not actively. Since they can be flased, the so called "time bomb" won't affect the NTRBoot installation.

View attachment 98655

Get a DSTT if you can't wait for the R4 SDHC to be supported. It will eventually be, but there's no way to say when.
Alright, thank you. Also, I personally don't believe in "timebomb" cards. I think if you keep the cards nice and don't let things happen to them, they will last over a year.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
did i say anything was fact? i believe i said "i thought" and "i dont think":teach:
Okay. Sorry if I was harsh.

Alright, thank you. Also, I personally don't believe in "timebomb" cards. I think if you keep the cards nice and don't let things happen to them, they will last over a year.
It's usually called a "time bomb" because its "official" kernel (from r4isdhc.com) is made so that the card asks for an update after an specific date, and it can't be used if your 3DS System date already passed the hardcoded date. This can be avoided by using different kernel files, though.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't misinform, please.

View attachment 98655

Do these 'SDHC' cards include the ones from r4i-sdhc.com?

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this card and it isn't a time bomb with, I think, a modded version of woodr4 kernel. But it won't work with the normal wood.

It's fine for most games I think, but it won't save aliens infestation. Very frustrating, I tried everything. So I got an R4i gold 3DS RTS. Arrived within a week from china to UK, and now I can finally play aliens and use NTRboot if ever I need to help anyone who's stuck on 11.4/5

It's been a long time since NTRboot came out now, I think if this card was going to be supported, then it would be by now, but who knows...

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this card and it isn't a time bomb with, I think, a modded version of woodr4 kernel. But it won't work with the normal wood.

It's fine for most games I think, but it won't save aliens infestation. Very frustrating, I tried everything. So I got an R4i gold 3DS RTS. Arrived within a week from china to UK, and now I can finally play aliens and use NTRboot if ever I need to help anyone who's stuck on 11.4/5

It's been a long time since NTRboot came out now, I think if this card was going to be supported, then it would be by now, but who knows...
These are timebombs. An alternative kernel can bypass this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only 2014 and newer have timebombs. The 2013 and older carts all run wood without a timebomb

regardless these are the worst carts you can possibly buy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over