Does Wii U updates remove installed HBC on vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zananok, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Zananok
    OP

Zananok Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2013
    Norway
    I'm at 3.1.0 on the wii u, and I was going to update, but then my gf said she wanted to play some games from the wii, so I wanted to know if after installing the HBC and usb loader gx, will it get uninstalled after i update the wii u to 5.2.0? Don't want to buy a game for $30 just so I can stay on 3.1.0.. and for sure I will update when I get ssb.

Edit: we don't care much about the exploit or homebrew stuff for the wii u, we just want to know if the hbc of the vWii will continue working as we continue updating

Regards,
    Zananok

2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    If you don't care about the web exploit and not willing to wait for any possible exploit WiiU hack that can be used, then go ahead and update to the latest WiiU fw. It does not affect the Vwii and HBC and Cios's and are not removed or updated.

Zananok likes this.
  3. Zananok
    OP

Zananok Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2013
    Norway
    Thanks appreciated

4. Jochen VG

Jochen VG Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Performed a firmware update yesterday on a Wii-U Firmware 3.1 including Homebrew and Configurable USB Loader. Now the firmware is 5.2 and everything is still working fine.

5. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    AFAIK once it's installed any updates will not remove the homebrew channel. Even if they do, Smash Stack (and AFAIK every working exploit) works on the latest version too, so you can reinstall it easily.