Hacking Does Wii U updates remove installed HBC on vWii?

Zananok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm at 3.1.0 on the wii u, and I was going to update, but then my gf said she wanted to play some games from the wii, so I wanted to know if after installing the HBC and usb loader gx, will it get uninstalled after i update the wii u to 5.2.0? Don't want to buy a game for $30 just so I can stay on 3.1.0.. and for sure I will update when I get ssb.

Edit: we don't care much about the exploit or homebrew stuff for the wii u, we just want to know if the hbc of the vWii will continue working as we continue updating

Regards,
Zananok

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you don't care about the web exploit and not willing to wait for any possible exploit WiiU hack that can be used, then go ahead and update to the latest WiiU fw. It does not affect the Vwii and HBC and Cios's and are not removed or updated.

Reactions: Zananok

Jochen VG

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Performed a firmware update yesterday on a Wii-U Firmware 3.1 including Homebrew and Configurable USB Loader. Now the firmware is 5.2 and everything is still working fine.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK once it's installed any updates will not remove the homebrew channel. Even if they do, Smash Stack (and AFAIK every working exploit) works on the latest version too, so you can reinstall it easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...