OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chuckstudios said:
That's the old way, for Gamecubes. Use the Twilight Hack!

I would but I only have the gc version of tp
frown.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
chuckstudios said:

frown.gif

You could try to buy a used copy of the Wii version of it, or wait to see if a homebrew channel is released, and then rent it to install it. However, a new Wii update (IOS37), fixes the exploit used to allow this homebrew channel to be on the console, and 'marcan' (a Wii hacker), has confirmed that having this channel installed when the update is activated will result in bricking the Wii (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37).

If you only care about GameCube homebrew, you could buy an SD Media Launcher from Codejunkies (SD Media Launcher). This does not come with an SD card. I would buy an SD card separately, as the ones that do come with an SD card are extremely overpriced. This would work in the same way as described in the site you linked to. Keep in mind, however, that you will be limited to GameCube mode, which means less power, and no access to any of the Wii features (Wii remote, wireless internet, etc.).

duo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4jek8j54 said:
airpirate545 said:
chuckstudios said:

frown.gif

You could try to buy a used copy of the Wii version of it, or wait to see if a homebrew channel is released, and then rent it to install it. However, a new Wii update (IOS37), fixes the exploit used to allow this homebrew channel to be on the console, and 'marcan' (a Wii hacker), has confirmed that having this channel installed when the update is activated will result in bricking the Wii (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37).

If you only care about GameCube homebrew, you could buy an SD Media Launcher from Codejunkies (SD Media Launcher). This does not come with an SD card. I would buy an SD card separately, as the ones that do come with an SD card are extremely overpriced. This would work in the same way as described in the site you linked to. Keep in mind, however, that you will be limited to GameCube mode, which means less power, and no access to any of the Wii features (Wii remote, wireless internet, etc.).

Only channels that were added and signed with the bug will stop working however. Marcan has also retracted his statement about it bricking the Wii, as he has failed to be able to reproduce it. Anything using the Twilight hack is safe for now because it gets signed officially without the use of the bug.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37 Has a better explanation of everything then i could give, as well as more info and download links to Twilight hack homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters