Hacking Does Wii Backup Loader Harm Wii?

fairuza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sticky says:
Q: Does the Gamma loader hurt my drive?
A: No it doesnt in any way - thats an unfounded and untrue rumour started by people who dont want you using software to play backups.

Yet I have read serveral posts on this very forum where people mention that after using the backup loader enough that their Wii can no longer read discs. And no one else disputes it and just acts like that is a known fact.

So which is it? Can the WiiGator Backup Loader v0.3 ruin the Wii's hardware or not?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fairuza said:
The sticky says:
Q: Does the Gamma loader hurt my drive?
A: No it doesnt in any way - thats an unfounded and untrue rumour started by people who dont want you using software to play backups.

Yet I have read serveral posts on this very forum where people mention that after using the backup loader enough that their Wii can no longer read discs. And no one else disputes it and just acts like that is a known fact.

So which is it? Can the WiiGator Backup Loader v0.3 ruin the Wii's hardware or not?
short answer: no
long answer: no it can't, most ppl who have a modded or soft modded wii play more games (illegal/legal copies, dvd's with Roms for emu's, or otherwise) thus, the wii laser's life is not what a normal user would get out of it.
also some wii just have a defective laser that would eventually quit anyway.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Indeed, even the best dvd-r out there has a Reflexion rate(dunno if i say it correctly) thats not even 30% of that of an original pressed disc. So the thing that will happen is cose of all the hard work it has to do to read the burned dvd the laser will RETIRE early

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
BMasterP said:
So the thing that will happen is cose of all the hard work it has to do to read the burned dvd the laser will RETIRE early

you cant make a laser work any "harder" without physically taking out the drive and altering it mechanically. the laser works as it was programmed to, whether its reading a pressed disc or a burned one.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but if you'd read several threads here why start another? No the backup loader doesn't hurt. End of story

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gibberish said:
BMasterP said:
So the thing that will happen is cose of all the hard work it has to do to read the burned dvd the laser will RETIRE early

you cant make a laser work any "harder" without physically taking out the drive and altering it mechanically. the laser works as it was programmed to, whether its reading a pressed disc or a burned one.

I know, but in the old days(LOL the ps1 and xbox erea) i'm pretty sure i read this somewhere(cdfreaks forum) and eventhough What you say is correct, it still has something to do with the laser tirering out earlyer, but of course Nothing to do with softmods of hardware mods

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BMasterP said:
gibberish said:
BMasterP said:

I know, but in the old days(LOL the ps1 and xbox erea) i'm pretty sure i read this somewhere(cdfreaks forum) and eventhough What you say is correct, it still has something to do with the laser tirering out earlyer, but of course Nothing to do with softmods of hardware mods
And even if it would wear down faster ? Like in 4 years apposed to say 7 ?? With the money you saved by pirating you can easily buy a new one, or get your old one repaired IMO...

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[/quote]
And even if it would wear down faster ? Like in 4 years apposed to say 7 ?? With the money you saved by pirating you can easily buy a new one, or get your old one repaired IMO...
[/quote]

jups thats how i think of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs