Hacking Question Does using the DevMenu really ban you instantly?

Lee Griffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Ban Hub spreadsheet I noticed a good amount of people that reported using DevMenu and are not banned. Is it really an instant ban or does it only ban after installing an .NSP and connecting to the internet?

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever connect to the internet after doing anything illegal with this console, prepare to be banned.

If you never connect to the internet with the console, how would nintendo know what you have done?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
atm only those people who use their naked chick's pic are banned, don't upload ur imaginary gf'S hot pics on Nintendo server.

TicinoLX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is wierd..
So this probably mean hacking the Switch is just as safe as hacking a 3ds

Doubt that. At least the part with playing online using pirated(not dumped) games. That gold old time, when people who bought an overpriced sky3ds/Gateway got banned, and others using FreeShop not

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nobody knows of yet, for all we know. Nintendo might be collecting data. Or that it's just to turn off the data collection option and they can't see it anymore. Who knows?

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe turning off "Automatic Software Updates" and "Share Error Information" is the key, I also using LFS, dev menu and eShop still works, I also in "Flight Mode" every time I'm using CFW and HOMEBREW stuff.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let’s be honest, if we hack our Switch and do lots of activities beyond what the system is designed for. Then go online with it. We risk being banned at some point. Nintendo have upped their game a bit with this system. There are already several things they can detect.

We don’t know everything they can detect as of yet. And if we further update our operating systems, who knows what new ways of detecting us Nintendo will introduce.

I don’t think we’ll have a way of preventing that detection any time soon either.

So at the end of the day there’s only one thing we know with absolutely certainty. And that’s if you don’t want to risk a ban, don’t hack the system at all - not yet anyway.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Obviously you have no capacity for sarcasm.
Off-topic? And yes, I am very much capitable of sarcasm. Such as your "great" post that I deleted. Nuff said about that.

I don’t think we’ll have a way of preventing that detection any time soon either.
So at the end of the day there’s only one thing we know with absolutely certainty. And that’s if you don’t want to risk a ban, don’t hack the system at all - not yet anyway.
Atleast not yet, SciresM did speak about a server URL no longer working once the data option to send home was disabled. So maybe it have some kind of protection about collection, but for now. We don't really know. I mean, they might do a massive banhammer after Smash gets released, or during. We can only wait and be wary of each new update that might update telemetry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good