Hacking Does using flash carts have an impact on ds systems

googs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well...im having a little trouble and i just wanted to know if using flash softwares and carts messes up your ds systems...cause ive been using my m3i0 for a while know and my dsi wont even detect it in the card slot...ive tried everything....replacing the memory card and i had my dsi checked and it was in good condition except for the l and r buttons... but my bro says its my m3...any advice?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you attempt using the paper trick? From what I know, the only way to brick the DS/DSi hardware would be to put on one of those wondrous bricking homebrew (there are like two I think) and other extreme mishaps. I doubt that just using a flashcart would do anything bad to the DS/DSi.

googs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried the paper and wood trick...both dont work...
and i tried a normal game and it worked but when i put my m3 in my bros dsi...it works perfectly

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
googs said:
any ideas beside paper trick or wood?

You could try cleaning the contacts of both the card and the slot. Compressed air could do wonders for the slot and if nothing else, use alcohol (close to 100% if possible, meant for cleaning) to clean the contacts. You could possibly blow into the DS slot but that might not do anything useful.

//Qtis

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, Wood trick? what is this wood trick?
nyanya.gif

maybe when you re-flashed your M3 it failed? try to re-flash it.

googs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
umm...i fixed it...i put a tiny pice of tape where the chip is popping out from and it worked!...by the way the wood trick is when you stuff a a very thin piece of wood in with the cart....ps: dont do what i did....my m3 gets jammed when i try to take in out.... but what you should do is put tight tape on it for a few days without playing and peel it off slowly later

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Pi said:
my friend with some shitty r4 clone uses a really thin bit of wood instead of paper

smart but stupid at the same time

Tell your friend that Wood R4 doesn't work with clones
tongue.gif
. But seriously... wood? I can barely fit a piece of regular looseleaf in my slot along with a cart without it getting jammed, how the hell can you possibly put in a piece of wood???

Using flash carts can only mess up a DS as badly as any regular cart would, unless you have a really poorly made flashcart that bends your slot-1 contacts. I guess with flash carts you run the risk of running a DS-bricker program disguised as a rom, but NDSTokyoTrim (great rom trimmer) checks roms for that anyways.

Anyways, it's 100% certain that the only reason why the m3 would work for your brother and not for you is because of your slot1 contacts. They're probably slighttllyy bent in a way that they are missing the m3's contacts by a little. If you ever have the problem again I guess you could just keep wiggling the m3 till it recognizes it then tape it down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up