United States

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
Any time you buy a built PC your over paying for specs. You could build a nice PC for the price that will easily beat that one

That's not always the case. From the looks of it, this is a mass produced system. A Chinese manufacture can get the parts cheaper, in bulk, than you can buy them one-off.

If you were to buy the parts, you would get the motherboard, CPU, ram, fans, hard drive, and maybe the graphics card for $400. Another $200 would be required for the case, DVD drive, and Windows 8.1.

Reactions: cearp

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad but I just would feel bad knowing you could build a better rig for less

For higher end systems, I would I agree. But for lower-spec''d or budget systems, pre-built rigs come with al ot of bonuses that you can't get when self building. For example, would you be able to squeeze in Windows 8.1, a mouse, and keyboard into that budget, while still maintaining the core parts? These budget pre-built rigs offer a lot of bang for the buck.
It's a common misconception that Self Built>>>Pre Built.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine for a budget PC, but given the quality of the CPU and the GPU, I wouldn't spend that much. Look for something a little dated. It wouldn't be too hard to find a nice 3rd Gen i7 Dell, or Asus in the $300 range. Then add PSU, and GPU yourself, and I think you'd end up with a better overall system.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have built two computers in my life. Always sticking to a $1000 budget. I like to think I know my parts well. From the looks of it, that doesn't look like a bad computer for the price. But the graphics card looks skimpy. I would suggest building your own as I find that to be the most fun and satisfying part of getting a new computer. Plus you get exactly what you want, part for part. However, if that's not something you want to mess with, I would suggest paying a little bit more or looking into some of the suggestions the others have provided.

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I build all mine for cheaper than store prebuilts, and I get better parts too.

Please show me how you can build this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227537&cm_re=fx_6300-_-83-227-537-_-Product
with EXACT PARTS, for cheaper.
If you read my post, I stated that for budget systems, often times pre-built machines offer alot more bang for the buck, with Full OS installs, mouse/keyboard, and DVD drives.
You have an argument if you are talking mid to high end machines, or something over $800-900.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
staples had some cheap dells a few weeks ago i5s under $400, slap a $150 gpu in and you would be set. If you are going to buy something cheap and prebuilt you should actually wait for a deal that doesn't suck too bad. The one you have shown really isn't very good for the price. I would just look for a cheap i5 w/o a gpu, make sure the PSU is ok inside it and buy something like that. don't settle for junk "gaming" cheap prebuilds like that, if you are going to buy cheap junk then buy cheap junk no gpu and upgrade the gpu and psu if it does not come with enough power. you will get better processor/ram specs (where it really matters) and actually get to choose a gpu that is decent on top of it, instead of getting stuck with shit everything.

and i don't want to plug newegg or anything but if you are gaming on a budget and have a steady income, you can always try to sign up for a newegg preferred account. that way you can buy the whole pc now and pay it off as you go. I think they have promos with no payments for 6-12 months if you spend like 250-500 if that is you cup of tea.

Again just don't settle for shit with a good price tag, cause it will still be shit.

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
staples had some cheap dells a few weeks ago i5s under $400, slap a $150 gpu in and you would be set. If you are going to buy something cheap and prebuilt you should actually wait for a deal that doesn't suck too bad. The one you have shown really isn't very good for the price. I would just look for a cheap i5 w/o a gpu, make sure the PSU is ok inside it and buy something like that. don't settle for junk "gaming" cheap prebuilds like that, if you are going to buy cheap junk then buy cheap junk no gpu and upgrade the gpu and psu if it does not come with enough power. you will get better processor/ram specs (where it really matters) and actually get to choose a gpu that is decent on top of it, instead of getting stuck with shit everything.

and i don't want to plug newegg or anything but if you are gaming on a budget and have a steady income, you can always try to sign up for a newegg preferred account. that way you can buy the whole pc now and pay it off as you go. I think they have promos with no payments for 6-12 months if you spend like 250-500 if that is you cup of tea.

Again just don't settle for shit with a good price tag, cause it will still be shit.

I agree, but you have to consider the budget he's aiming for. At that price point, he can't afford both an i5 and a decent GPU while still fulfilling other vital needs

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kb64wP
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kb64wP/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions CC-Siberian-01 51.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($8.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.85 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($23.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.75 @ OutletPC)
Total: $523.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-23 00:43 EST-0500

That is a better PC for the price and you could always use a 6 core amd processors if you wanted (i prefer Intel)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Please show me how you can build this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227537&cm_re=fx_6300-_-83-227-537-_-Product
with EXACT PARTS, for cheaper.
If you read my post, I stated that for budget systems, often times pre-built machines offer alot more bang for the buck, with Full OS installs, mouse/keyboard, and DVD drives.
You have an argument if you are talking mid to high end machines, or something over $800-900.

Well ofetn times when I build a new rig, I'll recycle parts like my case, power supply, graphics card, optical drives, etc... It's usually just the Motherboard, CPU and RAM that I buy, and even those 3 things can be bundled together, saving you even MORE money.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but you have to consider the budget he's aiming for. At that price point, he can't afford both an i5 and a decent GPU while still fulfilling other vital needs

You can find decent prebuilt i5s around 350-400 on sale (which happens a lot). That is enough extra to buy a decent gfx card and psu if needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night