Misc Does the new Wii U update kill vWii homebrew?

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I've seen around, the update isn't supposed to be out till some time tonight. I've tried manually update, but it says it's already up to date (no new version installed though).

what all are we supposed to get in new one?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I've seen around, the update isn't supposed to be out till some time tonight. I've tried manually update, but it says it's already up to date (no new version installed though).

what all are we supposed to get in new one?

Huh? I assumed it would be out yesterday, which is I created the thread. The OS loads faster, games close quicker, in essence, loading times are reduced significantly. Plus the VC will be implemented.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, i'm still getting a big nada on the update...would be nice if they got cable box controls implemented into TVii soon though

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw that it does not (confirmed by anyone who has tried and posted on here). Marcan posted on twitter than he did not know if this would protect against the hack they found. HOWEVER, this was over 3-4 hours ago when I checked twitter and he did add that they would find another one if needed (exploit). That is my main concern. On the PLUS side, it seems Wii development is stopped (no new system updates). NOT to say they won't just randomly slap something on there BUT I think they gave up a while ago.

I HEARD the new Wii mini is unhackable with old methods as it has no SD card? Sure if somebody wanted to, it could be (anything can). On 360, people found ways to add USB ports (had spots on board for it, lmfao. Easy to just AVOID the mini though (avoid headache). Anyone knows if the mini Wii has the same system update that other Wii ended on? Just saying, I really believe the vWii may never see updates from Nintendo (official).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@the_randomizer Ok Latest update is out now and I can confirm the new update does NOT kill homebrew ;)

I know, I'll close the thread now.

Yeah, I saw that it does not (confirmed by anyone who has tried and posted on here). Marcan posted on twitter than he did not know if this would protect against the hack they found. HOWEVER, this was over 3-4 hours ago when I checked twitter and he did add that they would find another one if needed (exploit). That is my main concern. On the PLUS side, it seems Wii development is stopped (no new system updates). NOT to say they won't just randomly slap something on there BUT I think they gave up a while ago.

I HEARD the new Wii mini is unhackable with old methods as it has no SD card? Sure if somebody wanted to, it could be (anything can). On 360, people found ways to add USB ports (had spots on board for it, lmfao. Easy to just AVOID the mini though (avoid headache). Anyone knows if the mini Wii has the same system update that other Wii ended on? Just saying, I really believe the vWii may never see updates from Nintendo (official).
I hope he doesn't give up on finding exploits or his Dios Mios and audio streaming.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...to_power_down&submenu=wup-standby-gi-overview
I just got the update sometime yesterday or the day before . I only noticed it is because I noticed the hard drive was on . When I flipped the tv over to find out what was going on , I seen a msg saying that the system has been updated . I am currently on 3.1.0 U , wii flow still seems to work , I haven't tested any of the games yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse