Hacking Does the M3 Real GBA cart work with GBA ExpLoader?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, I don't have a slot 1 M3 cart and I'm not looking to buy another slot 1 cart at this point.

GBA ExpLoader used to support the M3 GBA Expansion, but then Rudolph stopped developing it. I think the M3 GBA expansion underwent some sort of hardware change at some point (similar to the revisions made to the EZ-Flash 3-in-1), so if I buy one now, will it still work with GBA ExpLoader?

I know I could get a 3-in-1 (which would be supported directly by my cycloDS), but I don't need rumble and I'd like to have the full 32MB of RAM for homebrew.

Edit: I'm talking about playing GBA games, not using GBA ExpLoader to set the cart to RAM expansion mode.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Hola.

Dunno if that is what you want to know exactly, but I guess so!
I would try GBA ExpLoader myself as I got a M3 Real GBA Pack since two weeks, but I didn't came across "what the tool does". Will have to read about that.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the last official version that was released that worked with the M3 GBA Expansion Pak was 0.58.

I believe a 0.58b was released and the support was removed for M3 products but someone also created an IPS patch to patch it back in.

You would also be able to find the patched version somewhere.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. What I want to know is, was there actually a hardware revision to the M3 GBA cart, and if so, does the new hardware version still work with the versions of GBA ExpLoader that support the M3 GBA cart?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly can't say I know of a hardware revision. I also know that I purchased my two GBA Expansion Paks more than a year apart and both woked with gba exploader fine.

Much prefer them with M3 Real as you get RTS with gba games that way
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...