Hacking Does the Gateway support firmware spoofing?

Varia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If so, then why am I required to update my emunand in order to play Codename S.T.E.A.M? (hangs on 3DS loading screen unless I update the emunand to 9.4+).
Does firmware spoofing work only until a certain firmware version?
Any ideas anyone?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They usually update their emunand so don't need to spoof anything.

Right now though, they haven't updated their emunand to support 9.6 so you can't just update emunand. :'(
Sue them for loss and suffering.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But we also want to make a few observations:
* We have noticed that some recent games have started to use features only present on System Firmware 7.x or higher.
Firmware spoofing no longer works for these games, and emunand is currently required for these games to run.

From here : http://www.gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-2-3b/

Reactions: Varia

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know about code name STEAM specifically, but as far as I know, firmware spoofing works for all firmware versions, with one limitation. Newer games use a new encryption method, which was first introduced in 7.0, so a minimum of that version emuNAND is required to play those games.
Nintendo have just introduced a new encryption method again, in 9.5 I think, but it could be 9.4. As far as I know no games use it yet. I might be wrong on that though.

Reactions: Varia

Varia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see.
Then if Gateway won't be able to fix the the New 3DS emunand issue then I guess we'll be locked out from some games in the future?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1