Hacking does the ez 3in1 use battery while using slot1?

drtofu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if while doing things on slot 1 is my ez flash 3in1 sucking up power? By doing things I mean watching movies and hombrews that dont use the ram cart. Only reason I want to know is so for trips I know to take it out so my battery lasts longer. thanks in advance.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read somewhere that leaving a slot 2 card (one with a loader) in the slot 2 while running the slot 1 would drain power, however I never really went to test it, however I have noticed that my battery runs out faster than everybody else, and nobody I know has an EZ3in1 (might also be because I always reboot my DS)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both GBA and DS cartridges contain two pins that are for power and ground, so power flows through them whenever they are plugged in. If you want to maximize your battery life, eject any cartridges you aren't using.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The usage of slot-2 RAM also is a major battery sucker. This would imply that using NOR mode on the 3in1 would use less battery than using PSRAM for GBA games, but I'm not sure if this is accurate, as it's possible the RAM sucks power even when it's not being used. I know my slot-2 Supercard greatly reduces the battery life even when I rarely use it for GBA games at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-