Hacking Does the exfat update burn any fuses

mucho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im currently on firmware 5.1 and would like to use ChoidujoirNX to receive the exfat update while staying on 5.1. Does this burn any fuses? Will i be able to boot without using RCM mode with no consequences?

f10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

If you update using ChoidujourNX you don't burn fuse.
ChoidujourNX enable auto RCM by default but you can change this option in SX OS preferences.

f10

mucho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
correct me if im wrong, but i believe that if i updated to a higher firmware (6.0, for example) using ChoidujourNX and booted without RCM mode, my fuses would burn. im wondering if the same applies if i updated to my current firmware (5.1) but with the exfat update--would any fuse be burned if i booted with the switch's original bootloader?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exfat option doesn't change the amount of fuses burned. Fuses only burn for major fw revisions, no relation to exfat support or not. You can safely "Update" to exfat support for the same FW version as you currently have with no efuse worry, autorcm or not. However if you ever use choidujour to update beyond your current fw, then you must always use autorcm or your fuses will get burned for the updated version, exfat or not.

Reactions: mucho

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you "upgrade" to the same version, it will not burn any extra fuses. It's the firmware version that tells the Switch how many fuses it need to burn. If it just see 5.1, it won't burn any extra.

Reactions: mucho

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to burst everyone's bubble but the exFAT "update" will burn fuses. However if your current fuse count matches the firmware, it won't burn any additional fuses. Meaning if you updated without burning fuses, and for whatever reason you didn't choose the exFAT version of the firmware you updated to, then you use an exFAT formatted SD card, you will burn fuses if you select the exFAT update prompt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)