Hardware Does Sky3DS forces updates?

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my Gateway 3DS. I'm getting tired of waiting for their support so I'm thinking of grabbing a Sky3DS but I do not want to update to 9.5 (or whatever is latest firmware)

I'm interested in playing some older titles. Having not picked up my 3DS or 3DSXL in quite some time, I can catch up so to speak. Will I be forced to update to 9.5 if I use my Sky3DS to play titles like say Bravely Default on my New 3DS?

If not, I would assume it would only depend on the update of the rom I inject yes?

And last, would there be any way for me to grab a save played from a Gateway cartridge and use it while playing with the Sky3DS one?

Thanks in advance y'all!

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm awaiting my sky3ds so I can't fully answer everything but here goes.

The games are what they are. So if they didn't need an update on the original cart then they won't need a system update on aky3ds.
So your be fine with bravely default.

And most have said the saves transfer isn't working correctly but I don't have hands on with that

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sky3ds won't force you to update to 9.5. You can play it on whatever firmware version that your N3DS is on.I would guess its on 8.1 or 9.0
However, if you want to connect to the eShop to update certain games. Like MH4 or POR/PAS, then because of the eShop, you will need to update to 9.5
Basically, if you don't play games online and keep things offline. Nothing is required.

Oh ya, i don't think you can transfer saves from Gateway to Sky3ds. But i'm not 100% sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse