1. MetoMeto

OP MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    I recently installed SD2Vita, but idk if it's me or my battery was already dead, but i was playing a game and put vita to sleep as usual,
    than i noticed again after i picked it up that its dead, i had to charge it.

So...does sd2vita drains battery more than sony MC, and if so, how to prevent it?

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There are strange problems with the Vita using sd2vita regarding sleepmode, where the system wakes itself up etc. I thought this problem was fixed with an updated plugin, but the problem persists for me. But, for me personally, it doesn't happen (noticably) often, and (for me) it doesn't seem like much of an issue (but I don't doubt if your case is worse than mine.) Try to see if there is a conflicting plugin or something that might be causing (or adding to) the problem.

3. tfocosta

tfocosta GBAtemp Z-Warrior

Canada
    I've been using SD2Vita for a more than 6 months now and never noticed any abnormal battery drains. But I didn't use the console that much before I decided to hack it, so maybe there's something about using the SD2Vita that I'm not aware of. :huh:

I can say my console's battery lasts between 5-6 hours, depending on the game you're playing and on the brightness and wifi+BT settings. I've checked for other users' opinions online and that's pretty much the average. :)

MetoMeto likes this.
  4. LolcatPlays

LolcatPlays GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Make sure you're using YAMT. Much better than the default driver. https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita/releases

yuyuyup likes this.
  5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    ok cool do I need to delete a default driver, or just put it together on both boot_config.txt and tai config.txt?

6. LolcatPlays

LolcatPlays GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's an installer

yuyuyup likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm using yamt lite, but it's basically the same thing. the difference is that yamt lite is just ux0 and uma for micro sd and memory card respectively. it should add the correct line to boot_config.txt. I don't think it will add anything to config.txt, at least it didn't with yamt lite.

LolcatPlays likes this.
  8. Ampersound

Ampersound GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery drain. With both storagemgr and yamt i'm getting 6-7 hours of playtime (vita2000)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SD2Vita, battery, drains