Homebrew Does running emulators in extended memory mode boost up emulation?

Pokéidiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I know that memory isn't CPU but my point here is, if the emulator takes over memory, Home Menu wouldn't run at background, so then I think that this improves performance. Did anyone tested it out? By messing with RSF values, or something else?

Reactions: Deleted User

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
I vaguely remember hearing that .cia homebrews are usually configured to run at the higher clock speeds anyway. No idea if that's true.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, I know that memory isn't CPU but my point here is, if the emulator takes over memory, Home Menu wouldn't run at background, so then I think that this improves performance. Did anyone tested it out? By messing with RSF values, or something else?
I think the difference would be negligible. There are always things running in the background but the home menu isn't actually doing much of anything when it's in the background. So unless the emulator actually needs the extra memory you probably wouldn't notice the difference.
I vaguely remember hearing that .cia homebrews are usually configured to run at the higher clock speeds anyway. No idea if that's true.
This thread isn't about clock speed though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: