Does R4i drain the battery on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by irondoom, Apr 11, 2013.

Apr 11, 2013
  1. irondoom
    OP

Member irondoom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Guys I got a Supercard DS2 and it's great. I love it. But the thing is i can't ever put it to sleep while I'm playing a game. I can't even leave the flashcart in. You know this is true because the DS2 drains the battery. Now not a big problem, but I do sometimes wish that I could play a backup off DS2 and resume my game without having to eject the flashcart, go through home screen, etc. every time.

With R4i Can I just close my 3DS while playing a game and then open it back up and be where I left off without draining the battery?

What about just leaving the cart in, will it drain the battery?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DS doesn't have a "sleep" mode. It's a "turn the screens off and tell the game to pause" mode.

The DSTwo drains the most battery in general, but even retail carts drain battery in the DS's "sleep" mode because the system doesn't actually sleep.

3. irondoom
    OP

United States
    Oh ok, thanks for making that clear to me. But even with the 3DS powered off DStwo drains battery I think? At least I thought I turned it off once with a full charge and left the DS2 in there and when I went to play again it was dead. But maybe I just 'sleep' from home screen instead of actually powering it off.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No there's no battery drain when the 3/DS unit isn't on, so it must have been in sleep mode.

5. irondoom
    OP

United States
    OK thanks then it was 'user error' and I'll just stick with my DS2 :)

6. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    At leaset r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) does not drain the battery on 3DS.