Does my R4i 3DS gold need cutting?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by petrou58, Jan 26, 2014.

1. petrou58
    OP

petrou58 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    I have a R4i Gold 3DS card. The card says 'RTS' on the front, and www.r4ids.cn. It seems to be the 'c' revision indicated by the little 'c' in the corner on the back of the card.

Now I'm almost certain my card needs cutting, but my problem is that on the official website, it tells me my card needs cutting in the 6.0 upgrade. I've already upgraded my card to the newest 6.2. Will my card still work if I cut the line, or will I need to downgrade it to 6.0, cut the line, then upgrade it again to 6.2?

There's a lot of confusion involved, I've neglected actually doing anything with the card because it seems confusing.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If your card still works then I wouldn't bother cutting the line. If it isn't of the cards that need the cutting then the line won't even be there AFAIK.

3. petrou58
    OP

petrou58 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    I probably should have stated that the card does not work.

4. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Jun 9, 2008
    United States
    I had a rev C as well, I updated it without cutting the line. It didn't work when I updated to 6.X (I don't remember what the FW was when I finally updated from 5.0.11U). So I cut the line and it worked.

5. petrou58
    OP

petrou58 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    Okay, I opened up the card and the line isn't even there, which is slightly confusing because I thought the revision c cards all had them

6. petrou58
    OP

petrou58 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    Update:
    I found the line, it wasn't as prominent as I thought. i cut it, it worked. Sorry for the confusion guys