Hacking Does formatting a Wii U remove fake tickets?

Crazystato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mine is the same way. it's the indexer, which is a bin file I believe. it doesn't index icons or game names or anything like that. those can be freely changed without reinstallation or loading the game in question. the indexer just knows of the existence of the game. it relies on what's called "common files." the ps3 does it too, but more information is recorded on the ps3 it seems, so it's faster. the indexer there is about 10-12MBs for 5,000 installs, so do the math. I don't know what it is for the wii u. it's not necessarily the speed of the system, just the fact that not enough information is recorded, so it's reading over the common files of the hdd. this is unlike the 360, which doesn't use an indexer. to read over my 3,400 indies in dashlaunch takes about three to five minutes, since it has to read over the entire hard drive.
Mine is really slow though and I dont have any games installed or a usb hdd connected currently. Only hatchi and homebrew channel.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure then. sometimes mine is instant; other times it takes a few moments. I'm not sure why. I naturally assumed it was the hdd being read.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says I have 414 unique tickets. remember: dlc, games, and updates all have separate tickets. I think the ticket buckets might be related to the bin indexer, cuz I know that the latest installed update is recorded to prevent downgrading.

Crazystato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it says I have 414 unique tickets. remember: dlc, games, and updates all have separate tickets. I think the ticket buckets might be related to the bin indexer, cuz I know that the latest installed update is recorded to prevent downgrading.
Going by your screenshot earlier it says you have 17 folders. Are you able to take a screenshot of the folder names if possible? Curious to see if they are standard or created as more tickets are installed. Maybe adding more folders could increase 300 game limit? Wishful thinking anyway

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-6-24_19-14-25.png

here it is.

Crazystato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What hex would be after 0009? And what is that odd folder you have?

The first 3 tickets mine lists are 1ff 2ff 3ff etc. I can't tell what they are except maybe injected gamecube games I was testing a little while back

Attachments

• 20200624_185800.jpg
    20200624_185800.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited by Crazystato,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the odd folder is the inserted disc's which is nintendo land. my 0009 folder will differ from yours. we may not have the same ticket buckets and almost certainly not the same tickets. I don't know what those three tickets could be. they're a game as you can tell, not dlc or a patch. I was unable to find a title id that ended like that. iirc, the game name is not in the ticket. it uses the title id to know what pairs with what, so I don't know how we'll be able to tell what they are unless they're listed somewhere.

edit: I think if it's 696 bytes it's a digital title, so you can know that as well. you can probably find out for sure by hexing the cube games. they'll be in a couple sub folders named after the title id.

Last edited by godreborn,

Crazystato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ended up deleting all ticket folders and the database file and have noticed a substancial improvement in loading times. Hatchi stopped working as expected but after another format and downloading my ds game everything is working great!

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the database file and the tickets must be closely tied together. I think that's how it works on the ps3 too. I think the license remains unless you "cancel purchase" a debug setting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this thought. you could've seen if those were cube games by going to location of those games and looking in the meta.xml. the name of the game is repeated several times in there in different languages I believe. it's what's displayed on the home menu for the game name, and may be the only place that outright says it. the ticket doesn't contain that information, which is probably why tik2sd is a bit cryptic in what goes with what forcing you to look up title ids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, now that you mention the stone it seems that you watched the anime