Does EDGE need the Arm7 patch to run some games

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by maybeamac, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008
  1. maybeamac
    OP

Newcomer maybeamac Member

Australia
    Hi, I heard that on certain flashcards you need to do the arm7 patch to get some games to load. Does this apply to the EDGE? What about the acekard 2.

2. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Nope, EDGE has great compatibility and is updated from time to time. Those that need arm7 patches are the flashcarts that don't get updated anymore like the R4. If ever the EDGE got some compatibility issues, it's more likely that almost all flashcarts have the same problem. [​IMG]

3. maybeamac
    OP

Newcomer maybeamac Member

Australia
    What about Kirby superstar ultra. Also I heard that some games that are new have 1mb saves and EDGE uses forced 512kb saves. Will that cause errors.

4. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its like this for most flashcarts:

Get newwest firmware.
    If game fails to run on newwest firmware you can TRY arm7 patching.

If this also fails you will be waiting for a firmware updage from your flashcart company.

(Myself I use the DSTT I was gonna play some patched JUS but ended up with 2 white screens)
    (I arm7 patched the game and it ran like a charm)(DSTT do is updates so that proofs arm7 fix also is needed for some games even if the company still updates)
    (Think I also needed a arm7 fix on guitar hero after apply-ing the no grip patch)(I cant remember what firmware I used back then but arm7 fix again made it work)
    (I think these 2 are the only 2 games I ever had to arm7 patch.)

Greetz, Vistabuser.