does copyright close exploits for 9.00?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figured they would be but I guess if they are randomly generated by software at the time of creation rather then proprietary that makes sense.
even if you made the key up yourself, it would fail the bar of "substantial literary expression" for copyright protection.

Otherwise we could all claim ownership of numbers. For example 111111111111111111 is mine now. You can't use it, even if your calculator reproduces it by adding two numbers together.

In terms of DMCA, private keys are perfectly legal to copy. So there is no problem if your calculator produces the same result. What you can't do is tell anyone that the number can be used to circumvent DRM.

Last edited by smf,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
even if you made the key up yourself, it would fail the bar of "substantial literary expression" for copyright protection.

Otherwise we could all claim ownership of numbers. For example 111111111111111111 is mine now. You can't use it, even if your calculator reproduces it by adding two numbers together.

In terms of DMCA, private keys are perfectly legal to copy. So there is no problem if your calculator produces the same result. What you can't do is tell anyone that the number can be used to circumvent DRM.
I was thinking more along the lines of a phrase or a string of words rather than just numbers in a random order. I do see your point though.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking more along the lines of a phrase or a string of words rather than just numbers in a random order. I do see your point though.
Phrases aren't copyright-able either, depending on what you mean by a string of words then I also don't think that would be.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope not that it doesn't end up like it did with many torrent sites
there are hosts that are down and I'm worried
the first thing that comes to mind is that the copyright closed them
Many sites go down in january because the person hasn't renewed their hosting for the year. It's kinda normal. Especially for sites on the shady side of things. I can't tell you how many Switch rom websites I have bookmarked, only to have 90% of them be dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: