Gaming Does China and Taiwan have a such thing as a "DS"?

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif

Lol. Cause I never hear anything about DS games in Chinese. Or Chinese DS's. Or anything like that =o.
I just hear about Europe, Jap, USA.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
ArvinaLove said:
If anything, China has a low-quality knock-off DS that comes pre-packaged with an N5
tongue.gif

REally? o.O

rofl, is the iQue better or worse or same quality as the DSL here : )?
According to the companies manufacturing both these products, they are both made from 100% steamed rice.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
ArvinaLove said:
If anything, China has a low-quality knock-off DS that comes pre-packaged with an N5
tongue.gif

REally? o.O

Eh, since the company that makes the iQue is in partnership with Nintendo to manufacture them in China, I would say that craftsmanship would be close or on par as any where else.

At any rate, there is a difference between the two versions, the iQue will be able to play games created in china with a Chinese region code while a normal DS Lite can't even with a flashcart due to some special anti-piracy measures they add to the games.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
xCuteBunnyx said:
ArvinaLove said:
tongue.gif

REally? o.O

Eh, since the company that makes the iQue is in partnership with Nintendo to manufacture them in China, I would say that craftsmanship would be close or on par as any where else.

At any rate, there is a difference between the two versions, the iQue will be able to play games created in china with a Chinese region code while a normal DS Lite can't even with a flashcart due to some special anti-piracy measures they add to the games.
It's not exactly anti-piracy. My understanding is that the iQue has some special add-on that allows it to handle the massive number of glyphs in the Chinese language, or something (so they don't need to be present in every single game? Who knows.) At least, that's what Wikipedia says. So if you try to run a Chinese game in a non-Chinese DS, it tries to load from that chip and fails because, well, it's not there.

I'll bet some sort of software/auto-patching workaround would be possible if anyone cared enough to make it, but I don't think China has gotten any unique games anyway...

Oh, and the iQue DS is not the original iQue. Read. Now that sounds sort of cool...

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
lol you guys are saying it wrong iQue is more better than the original ds!!!you know what things that ique have its more brighter than original really colorfull i noticed it because i have those both...and ique is still under nintendo

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Could be wrong... But I believe the DS has fonts stored in firmware that games can use. Therefore, Chinese games expect data which only a Chinese system has.

Not every game uses the internal fonts however. To my knowledge, there's only been one DS game ever released in Russian (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End). We know DS itself doesn't have a font for that.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have an iQue DS. It's the same as any other DS quality-wise, packaging, etc.

There are only a few Chinese-language games for the DS, they're all ports of common games overseas, like Yoshi DS, Mario, etc.

It does have a larger chip to support the Chinese character system, and plays any other region's games.

A good buy if you live on the mainland. Not sure about Taiwan, although I'm sure they have DS there. Apparently they were going to release the Wii in Taiwan on the market, but I'm not sure if anything ever came of that.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I have red & black dragon iQue DS Lite ... I find the battery life to be slightly superior, and the casing to be slightly hardier ... other than that, it's identical ... except for the language support, which ois obviously greater than a standard DS Lite ...

As moribund112 said, they are a good buy, and are available at slightly sheaper prices, even when mail order costs are factored in ...

33eihjs.jpg

xCuteBunnyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
Yeah, I have red & black dragon iQue DS Lite ... I find the battery life to be slightly superior, and the casing to be slightly hardier ... other than that, it's identical ... except for the language support, which ois obviously greater than a standard DS Lite ...

As moribund112 said, they are a good buy, and are available at slightly sheaper prices, even when mail order costs are factored in ...

33eihjs.jpg

How much superior is the battery life o.O?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ArvinaLove said:
xCuteBunnyx said:
ArvinaLove said:
tongue.gif

REally? o.O

According to the companies manufacturing both these products, they are both made from 100% steamed rice.
Explains the rice shortage
wink.gif

RaiDesu

Trophies
Website
raimei.comic-era.com
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe38 said:
ArvinaLove said:
xCuteBunnyx said:
ArvinaLove said:
tongue.gif

REally? o.O

Explains the rice shortage
wink.gif

There is no rice shortage, rice producing companies are just reducing their exports, perhaps to attract more asians back to asia to make cheaper DS Lites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1