Homebrew does backup launcher gamma disable disk updates?

dave_m123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently softmodded a wii for a friend that was version 3.1 firmware. A week after I did this I just found out about starfall and the disk update check. I managed to disable it on my wii and told my friend that I'd need to do his. I've just recieved his wii to sort out and find it is now on version 3.4E on the firmware and I know starfall won't work on that version. Now I've looked at downgrading to 3.2 but am unable to get the internet connected on this.

I've heard that one of the backup loaders disables the disk update option to avoid any new firmware from being put on. Will backup launcher gamma stop autoupdates of the disk. Parental controls are also enabled will they stop the updates from occuring as the update option in the wii system menu asks for the pin number but I'mnot sure if the disk option is the same.

Thanks for any help given.

dave_m123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically if a game has an update on it such a US or Japanese game then it wont update the firmware to a newer version that is say japanese or us and brick the wii? I'm from the UK so its a pal Wii.

If gamma bypasses updates is there any point to selecting the option in starfall?

Sorry if I'm a bit confused but so much info!!

Thanks v much.

dave_m123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes thank you so really I'm pretty much safe then?

Makes sense now thank you
smile.gif
!!! Is it ok to leave it at 3.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.