Does anyone think 3.51 will ever get another ecfw?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by masterz87, Jun 19, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As i says, 'm hoping that there'll be another one since I ust realized that I might've just screwed myself out of being able to play monstre hunter finally withut worrying about weird controls.

I've been looking back and thre seems to be plenty out here for even 3.50, and 3.51 has vbhl.

2. yuyuyup
    This message by yuyuyup has been removed from public view by T-hug, Jun 19, 2015, Reason: offensive.
    Jun 19, 2015
  3. yuyuyup
    This message by yuyuyup has been removed from public view by Depravo, Jun 19, 2015, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 19, 2015
  4. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    I am seeing that the only thing for right now is
    VHBL for 3.51 . Basically only runs certain PSP Emulators. Requires from what I read, a PSP Demo
    There is the PSM Dev App that is being talked about which requires having a Developer Licence and the PSM Dev App on the Vita which no one can do anymore

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    You don't need a developer license, just the Dev App. The app has been pulled from PSN but you can still get it via a PS3 trick described here. Source: @yifan_lu

6. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    OK, next Question: How do I set up VHBL on 3.51? I have the Demo, I downloaded the Files onto my Computer, just need to figure out how to get it running. New to VHBL. Been using TN-V11 before. But since Sony Patched that method, only way I see still available, is VHBL which apparently still works on 3.51.

7. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Well part of it too was playing translated games that never made it over here, as I personally am not loving my psp's screen very much and most games look better on the vita even though they're just doing billinear filtering of the final output image. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and ppsspp will be ported over. As all it needs is the ability to do have a jit, some ram, and a decent cpu. If it can run on garbage android phones the vita should have no issues really.

8. Radwan126

Radwan126 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    but remember that the vita has only 512MB of ram , is it really enough to run ppsspp ? i mean my phone has 1GB of ram but the game was very slow that it almost crashed ...

9. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    The phone is running android and android itself hogs quite a bit of ram all to itself. Plus the psv has the whole psp soc in itself. Also it's not 512mbof ram, it's 512mb of main ram and 128mb of vram. And the wii wasn't even possible because of ram limitations.

Plus you have to remember the game is _only_ rendering at 2x psp resolution and it has plenty of gpu horse power.

10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    This is for actual Vitas. The Android PPSSPP App is totally different.

11. Radwan126

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    well i don't know , but considering that they are only able to run the Rejuvenate hack for now , there is still a long way to be able to run the ppsspp because its considered a "homebrew" ....that's what i personally think

12. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Well from what I have been reading, there is still the PHP/WOP Exploit that is working. Requires 2 Devices (PSP->Vita or Vita->Vita)

13. Radwan126

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    well i am hoping that the vita will be fully hacked and runs homebrew by the end of the year

Smoker1 likes this.
  14. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Hell yeah. Was finally able to get the PSM Dev for Unity, so now just waiting for the ability to use it and hopefully get some Homebrew/Emulators when they come out

Radwan126 likes this.
  15. Radwan126

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    good luck with it , i am still waiting to get a vita , hopefully this week

16. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I need help. Im new to vhbl. In order to use it for 3.51 I would need to jailbreak right? If so where could I do that??