Does anyone know which ICs and/or mosfet handle joycon on the Switch board itself?

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, all. I have found some posts about this and none seem very certain.

I'm not looking for parts in the Joycon board but the actual Switch Motherboard. Which ICs and/or mosfets are used to work with the joycons when inserted? Be it data or charging.

I'm wondering because I have a working Switch (V1) in all ways except the left joycon doesn't respond at all and inserting the right joycon doesn't connect either but will also cause the Switch to crash when removing it. Left shows no life, right shows no life except it crashes the system every time upon removal.

The rails and joycons themselves are fine, btw. Tested multiple times on multiple other systems.

Thanks for any answer or tip provided!

Edit: I posted in HARDWARE from my phone and it ended up here. Sorry and please move if necessary. Thanks.

Last edited by WayOfTheRoad,

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel like no one has answered your question, because it's exactly my problem. I have a switch that doesn't pair the right side at all. It looks like a hardware problem to me. But I have no idea which component would be replaced or tested. It's complicated... Even though I have knowledge in the area, sometimes I feel compelled to seek help, because console electronics have many nuances...

I leave as a suggestion an area in GBAtemp exclusively for hardware maintenance (mainly Nintendo), I know that a good part of users have access to Nintendo's repair service, but most of South America/Africa/Central Europe still have recourse resource you can, and most are unofficial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up