Does anyone know any good MMORPG games to play?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PvP wise?
Ragnarok Online. It's old, but it really hasn't been beat yet.

Tera online is looking pretty fantastic. But hasn't even gone into closed beta yet.

Spiral Knights is pretty unique, and very fun.

Can't think of much else these days. Most are pretty terrible thanks to a majority being social MMOs, casual piles of trash, pay2win, or a mixture of any of those.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was playing Eden Eternal(yesterday was the last day of closed beta test) and I actually enjoyed it.
You can change class freely and anywhere, like Dragon quest IX, and it's less grindy than most MMORPG.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erdnaxela said:
I was playing Eden Eternal(yesterday was the last day of closed beta test) and I actually enjoyed it.
You can change class freely and anywhere, like Dragon quest IX, and it's less grindy than most MMORPG.

Yeah it seemed pretty good.
I just didn't recommend it cuz I haven't seen what end-game is like.
Switching classes at any time is pretty cool, but I kind wish there was a larger cooldown for class switching outside of towns.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Adventure quest worlds
tongue.gif
Very fun game lol and theres a new release every friday!
biggrin.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend Runescape. Expansive free play, cheap members subscriptions, and a wide variety of activities and player base. Also, frequent updates.

One of the few old MMOs that hasn't resorted to Pay 2 Win.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a current runescape player, I too recommend runescape. It has a free version to try it out and membership options arent too expensive. Plus it gets game content updates every month.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maplemage said:
Maplestory? the new big bang update made it easier to level up now and its 2D so if your interested in 2D platformers then play Maplestory.
I vote +1 for this. I'm still waiting in Europe for the Big Bang to come out, but Maple, despite all tales, is a very fun to play game. Perfect World has some pretty good games. Jade Dynasty for example... Guild Wars is very good, I played it ALOT and like it still. You can try runescape and stuff, its not that bad you know, it can be fun if played right, it's not too expensive to become a member. Eden Eternal is very flexible.. Have been playing since day 1 of CB and its very fun, as you can shift classes.

D

Deleted-273695

It's really fun, don't want to spoil it but yeah. Currently waiting for my energy to reload c:
Add me sometime, I'm Lolmuffin on it...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
CCNaru said:
WoW is the best. Only MMO that I actually went back to play again...
I am sure the OP is aware of WoW. He probably meant non-subcription/free ones.

He also wanted ones that aren't gigantic piles of shit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a pretty solid Guild Wars player for years but I haven't played it a couple of years. It's got some great concepts at it and the PvE is a ton of fun but the PvP gets really boring (mainly because ArenaNet sucks at skill balancing and it basically ends up in a "meta or gtfo" situation). I'm not quite sure how active it is nowadays but it's still fun.

I'll advocate for Runescape though, I was a hardcore player in my elementary/middle school years. In retrospect, it's still a good MMORPG. It had a lot of content, cheap subscription fee (if you wanted to subscribe), and being browser-based, it could run on most any system. It may seem like child's play but its solid.

Nowadays I stick more to LAN games like Dungeon Siege (the original) and Terraria (I just play Terraria on LAN). Just get a couple of buddies and find a good dungeon crawler type of game (Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, etc), get Hamachi, and LAN some shit up.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear Spiral Knights is getting pretty popular. But unless you're willing to shell out some cash, the "free" MMO tends to only let you play a small amount of dungeons each day.

It's really nothing more than a fancy way of giving you a trial and making you buy the full, free MMO without you knowing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?