quadomatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, but will any Dual Layer dvd burner work for burning Wii game backups of single layer and dual layer discs?

Also, how much are the DVD drives needed to back up games? Which ones would I need to get?

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure that a DL DVD Burner has the capabilities of burning any other format made before DL.

Like how DVD Burners can burn CDs aswell?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The only Wii game you can burn to a dual layer disc and it works on your chipped Wii, is Super Smash Bros Brawl (Japan).

All other games need to be burned to a single layer DVD.

If you want to burn DVDs, you'll need a DVD burner - buy one from NewEgg.

Once you install your DVD drive, you can use Alcohol 120% to burn the ISOs to your blank DVDs...

I hope I cleared all your questions up.
wink.gif

quadomatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, k.

I know that DL DVD burners burn single layer and all. I was just wondering if there are restrictions as to what burners you can use, like how for backing up games you NEED to use certain LG burners.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your wondering for disc quality also, as kedest pointed out. Verbatim is your best bet with good DVD-R/DVD+R's from what I've read on these boards.

I'm not sure about DVD+DL's though, I think their still the top, my brawl works with one.

DL DVD Burners actually have a better chance of writing successfully to ANY media than that of a ordinary DVD burner, so yes it is actually better to use one, so if you have one, consider yourself lucky not to have a standard DVD burner.

As states before however, it all depends on the make/quality of the DVD

quadomatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DL DVD Burners actually have a better chance of writing successfully to ANY media than that of a ordinary DVD burner, so yes it is actually better to use one, so if you have one, consider yourself lucky not to have a standard DVD burner.

Really? I assumed that at least by now most people with DVD Burners had dual layer burners. I got mine a 1 1/2 year ago and its a DL burner.

And yeah, I figured good media was a given:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are probably the best I can go with then. Verbatim is often on sale too, so I guess that works out well.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people do have a DL burner as more people have bought a computer recently within the past two years, a computer over two years old will probably have less chance of having a DVD DL burner.

Computers sold today still may not have a DVD DL burner, DVD DL burners are the standard now, most computers come with one.

I know most laptops do, the two laptops I've had over the last 2 years have had DL's in them. [One laptop for school etc, one for home.]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped...