Hacking Does AKAIO require official firmware first?

waldfee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the internal firmware of the Acekard 2i is updated if the card is used for the first time with the official startup files? I am asking because I heard that one should use the official software at least once first before formatting the microSD card and put AKAIO on it. I read something about an error if AKAIO is used right at the beginning.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
waldfee said:
I heard that one should use the official software at least once first before formatting the microSD card and put AKAIO on it. I read something about an error if AKAIO is used right at the beginning.

First of all the "internal firmware" is called the kernel (some people call it the boot loader) and it doesn't get changed ever, unless you download certain update files from Acekard to flash it (eg. the EUR language fix).

Second of all, no, you don't need to run the official FW once before putting AKAIO on it. Don't know where you heard that from. Probably some 5 year old spreading lies?

waldfee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
waldfee said:
I heard that one should use the official software at least once first before formatting the microSD card and put AKAIO on it.

if you "heard" that on the web, can you please tell me where? i would like to go post there and correct whoever made that up.

-another world

Thank you for the answers. I can't find the link right now but I will post it as soon as I have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."