Hacking Does AceKard auto-skip the warning screen?

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that my R4DS would go past the health and safety warning screen without me needing to touch the screen. Does AceKard 2.1 do this?

Kiriashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it that way (normal booting up) because it seems to me like it prevents damaging to your DS.
happy.gif

~Kiriashi~

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here - the R4 acted like it messed up your firmware - the more things that happen the more chances there are of breaking your DS.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now you're both being superstitious, even though I agree with the sentiment. I also don't care for a flash card overstepping its bounds.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's absolutely zero chance of breaking your DS just because it skips the health logo and boots straight to the flashcart menu. If there was then flashcarts wouldn't do it. In my opinion I like it booting straight to the menu, so I flash every DS that I give Acekards to. That way they just turn it on and they're at their Acekard menu in seconds.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally like going to the DS menu first, but if anyone is interested, here's the non-flash way to boot straight to your Acekard menu (thanks to FatD for sharing the method).

QUOTE said:
Configure all settings not done on initial startup (GBA screen, Auto-boot (MUST BE ON), region etc.), remove the battery for about 10-20 seconds to clear volatile data, go through initial setup. When it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead. Insert your flashcard.
you will lose access to pictochat and download play until you complete initial setup (undoing this softmod), though. The process is fully reversible by booting into the firmware menu and redoing the settings.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried the battery thing, but it's far from ideal. Basically, your DS is like new, but with the new settings. This seems like a worse way to start then how the R4 starts.

Personally I use FlashMe with the health and safety warning screen removed. This makes the AceKard 2 perfect, because I have the best of both worlds.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
I personally like going to the DS menu first, but if anyone is interested, here's the non-flash way to boot straight to your Acekard menu (thanks to FatD for sharing the method).

QUOTE said:
Configure all settings not done on initial startup (GBA screen, Auto-boot (MUST BE ON), region etc.), remove the battery for about 10-20 seconds to clear volatile data, go through initial setup. When it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead. Insert your flashcard.
you will lose access to pictochat and download play until you complete initial setup (undoing this softmod), though. The process is fully reversible by booting into the firmware menu and redoing the settings.
Wouldn't that also mean your clock doesn't track time (or the correct time), which would throw off some games?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I had my ds set up for quite a while like that and never noticed anything funny with the clock, or games that i played either. If iirc the only part that it didnt remember was the very last option(birthday i think).

Like I said, I'd rather see the DS menu first now anyhow, but this is just an option for ppl who want to auto-boot straight to the ak menu, but dont wanna run the risk of fugging up (even tho there is a recovery code written in at 1%) while flashing their ds

unknownworlder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
VatoLoco said:

QUOTE said:
Wouldn't that also mean your clock doesn't track time (or the correct time), which would throw off some games?

Well, in some games you could change the clock right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night