Hacking does acekard 2i support wii connectivity?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it does not. what you need to do is drop an email to [email protected] and ask that they work out the problem. norm spent a few weeks on it and was unable to get it working. the rpg is the only acekard product that supports it, and i think only from the nand. i can't really recall what gelu added and his page is down so i can't check.

-another world

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly it does not. Only the CycloDS and I believe the G6 Real support wii connectivity. That is one feature I surely miss with my DSi and Acekard, as I have the pokemon channel running for depositing into the DS game. I'm surprised other cards haven't figured it out either

darktron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceBaer said:
So no Pokemon Battle Revolution + Pokemon Platinum Connectivity for us? D:

it worked for me :S, also worked for animal crossing but... then against i didnt have animal crossing as my main cart so that didnt work transfering towns lol.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
since the ak/ak+/ak2/ak2.1/ak2i do not support wii connectivity and neither do either firmwares i think you are confused. it did not work for you as its physically impossible for it to work. it is supported on the rpg if you run gelu's firmware. to what extent i am not sure.

-another world

iceBaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ShatteredScreens said:
Nope. Get a Cyclo DS if you're desperate for the features, or use your retail Pokemon game.
Since I've a DSi, which flashcard would work with that + wii connectivity?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think any DSi compatable flashcarts have Wii connectivity, so you'll just have to use your retail game.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sicwan said:
I have a regular DS (one of those black and red ones) does the Acekard2i support Wii connectivity on that?
Nope. As a lot of people said, the AceKard 2i does not support Wii connectivity. There is only one flashcart that I know that can do that and it is the CycloDS Evolution. Not compatible with the DSi...

sicwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
sicwan said:
I have a regular DS (one of those black and red ones) does the Acekard2i support Wii connectivity on that?
Nope. As a lot of people said, the AceKard 2i does not support Wii connectivity. There is only one flashcart that I know that can do that and it is the CycloDS Evolution. Not compatible with the DSi...

I was afraid of that.... I was told this was the best one to get by a few people... i feel kinda jipped.. (dont flame me or anything it is a VERY GOOD product)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i think it should be able to..my r4 is so it should be too
no. my official r4 cannot do wii connectivity for pokemon battle revolution. it can do it with warioware made in ore with ysmenu on it. other than that, pokemon doesnt work. maybe them fake r4's who arent supported by the original r4 team can work with wii connectivity.

tell me what "r4" do you have.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here are my results during the Pokemon Platinum PBR Test
Wii=FW 3.4 (HACKED! Using Custom IOS)
PBR[NTSC/USA] (Burned Coppy)
Pokemon Platinum[U[:
(Download Play Disabled)
DMA + Save Patch(Green LOADING...)=After saying "Wii Found..." it becomes unresponsive...
PBR says "Looking for DS Pokemon Game"
DMA (Red LOADING...)=After a few seconds the game says "Wii Found..." both screens flash white(fade in/out) and loops this pattern
PBR says "DS Pokemon Game Found...Comunicating with the DS" Nothing Happens
NORMAL (Blue LOADING...)=Same as RED LOADING...
(Download Play Enabled)
Same as above.

I believe that the point it crashes at is when it attempts to read/send conformation to the DS.
This is where the problem is..
Why not try to find a save patch hack for Platinum? Change some part of the ROM's header to write in a specific way...
There has to be a way to fix this "Software wise"I mean, if we can hack the hardware of the DSi to load a flashkit, come the fick on!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii connectivity is an issue with a lot of flash cards. The only one I have been able to link to a Wii is the CycloDS. The caveats being that even the CycloDS can't connect Pokemon Platinum to PBR nor does it work in a DSi.

Your comment about it being a software issue may be correct. In the past, the CycloDS required firmware updates for each new game that had Wii connectivity.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
norm tried to get wii connectivity working on the ak2/2.1. i think the issue came down to a caching problem. the cyclo caches as does the rpg. from what i recall gelu had some games working off the nand on the rpg.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1