Homebrew Does a homebrew exist that stops the gamepad starting up?

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
I get fed up of having to manually turn off the display in menu every time since I prefer the pro controller.

Last edited by jwitz,

Ryccardo

watching Thames TV from London
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, because the gamepad starts up well before the earliest currently available avenue to run custom code (CBHC)

Drill a hole in the battery compartment and put a switch in series with the battery, will also be update proof :P

--
It might be possible by developing and flashing a custom gamepad firmware that ignores the remote power up event, but good luck finding anyone who understand its firmware AND is interested...

There's also "Padcon" which allows for 1-click backlight switching, but nothing automatic at all

Last edited by Ryccardo,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Keep it in another room so it can't communicate with the console. Also no battery drain whatsoever since it's completely turned off.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
No, because the gamepad starts up well before the earliest currently available avenue to run custom code (CBHC)

Drill a hole in the battery compartment and put a switch in series with the battery, will also be update proof :P

--
It might be possible by developing and flashing a custom gamepad firmware that ignores the remote power up event, but good luck finding anyone who understand its firmware AND is interested...

There's also "Padcon" which allows for 1-click backlight switching, but nothing automatic at all
there are custom Gamepad firmwares?

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use CBHC Mod by @panther666 to autoboot PadCon. With PadCon you can disable the Gamepad Screen while still being able to use it as Input device. That's what I use and love it, always have the Screen turned off ;)

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something I've done that's worked is turning the system on as normal and as the system's booting up, held the power button on the Gamepad whilst the system's still booting. The Gamepad shuts off but the system continues booting as normal.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use CBHC Mod by @panther666 to autoboot PadCon. With PadCon you can disable the Gamepad Screen while still being able to use it as Input device. That's what I use and love it, always have the Screen turned off ;)

Was gonna say the same thing. And if they don't use the CBHC mod, they can just use the PadCon homebrew app to turn off the screen after they've booted the console.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • drsans @ drsans:
    guys, do you have cheat for skaterBIRD ?
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    @Costello emojis are for losers B)
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Won't lie Walmart has pretty good
    bagged popcorn
  • Costello @ Costello:
    caramel popcorn is the best popcorn
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Next to kettle
  • Costello @ Costello:
    gimme some of that
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nearly Christmas time so I can upset people by pulling out the divider in popcorn bins
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Cause no one likes cinnamon
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Or was it peppermint :unsure:
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    Peppermon i think
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Cheddar carmal and peppermint bins
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    Cheddar :toot::wub:
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I don't like popcorn at all; bland taste, and it got ruined for me because of high school - the school cafeteria reeked of microwave popcorn for several days...utterly revolting, couldn't even enter the place it stunk so bad.
    Nah, for movies I'd rather get a bag of lollies instead of popcorn.
  • Costello @ Costello:
    lollypops? a whole bag?
    +1
    Not lollipops; what Americans would call "candies" or just "candy" IDK. Before the pandemic, cinemas used to have buckets of different ones - sour cola, sour watermelon, and many others; I used to get a scoopful of two or three types into a paper bag to have throughout the movie.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Pft who needs teeth
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I got liquid candy once they do so in your face dentist
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Rot*
  • s1cc @ s1cc:
    B:whip:
  • RedoLane tempBOT:
    RedoLane has left the room.
  • kenenthk tempBOT:
    kenenthk rolls 1d6 and gets 6 (6).