Does a homebrew exist that stops the gamepad starting up?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by jwitz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. jwitz
    OP

jwitz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    I get fed up of having to manually turn off the display in menu every time since I prefer the pro controller.

Last edited by jwitz, Mar 12, 2017
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, because the gamepad starts up well before the earliest currently available avenue to run custom code (CBHC)

Drill a hole in the battery compartment and put a switch in series with the battery, will also be update proof :P

--
    It might be possible by developing and flashing a custom gamepad firmware that ignores the remote power up event, but good luck finding anyone who understand its firmware AND is interested...

There's also "Padcon" which allows for 1-click backlight switching, but nothing automatic at all

Last edited by Ryccardo, Mar 12, 2017
  3. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Or you can turn it off while you exit an app.

4. marchrius

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Keep it in another room so it can't communicate with the console. Also no battery drain whatsoever since it's completely turned off.

5. Shawnj

Shawnj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    Los Angeles
    there are custom Gamepad firmwares?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not that I know of, although the tools to extract, rebuild, and flash the gamepad's firmware exist!

7. geheim

geheim GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2013
    Germany
    You can use CBHC Mod by @panther666 to autoboot PadCon. With PadCon you can disable the Gamepad Screen while still being able to use it as Input device. That's what I use and love it, always have the Screen turned off ;)

8. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Technically it works but it's kinda outdated and not very user friendly. [It's pretty advanced]

9. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Something I've done that's worked is turning the system on as normal and as the system's booting up, held the power button on the Gamepad whilst the system's still booting. The Gamepad shuts off but the system continues booting as normal.

10. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Was gonna say the same thing. And if they don't use the CBHC mod, they can just use the PadCon homebrew app to turn off the screen after they've booted the console.

11. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    So your saying you dont want to use the gamepad? Just unsync it to your wiiu