Homebrew Does a homebrew exist that stops the gamepad starting up?

jwitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I get fed up of having to manually turn off the display in menu every time since I prefer the pro controller.

Last edited by jwitz,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, because the gamepad starts up well before the earliest currently available avenue to run custom code (CBHC)

Drill a hole in the battery compartment and put a switch in series with the battery, will also be update proof :P

--
It might be possible by developing and flashing a custom gamepad firmware that ignores the remote power up event, but good luck finding anyone who understand its firmware AND is interested...

There's also "Padcon" which allows for 1-click backlight switching, but nothing automatic at all

Last edited by Ryccardo,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Keep it in another room so it can't communicate with the console. Also no battery drain whatsoever since it's completely turned off.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
No, because the gamepad starts up well before the earliest currently available avenue to run custom code (CBHC)

Drill a hole in the battery compartment and put a switch in series with the battery, will also be update proof :P

--
It might be possible by developing and flashing a custom gamepad firmware that ignores the remote power up event, but good luck finding anyone who understand its firmware AND is interested...

There's also "Padcon" which allows for 1-click backlight switching, but nothing automatic at all
there are custom Gamepad firmwares?

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use CBHC Mod by @panther666 to autoboot PadCon. With PadCon you can disable the Gamepad Screen while still being able to use it as Input device. That's what I use and love it, always have the Screen turned off ;)

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something I've done that's worked is turning the system on as normal and as the system's booting up, held the power button on the Gamepad whilst the system's still booting. The Gamepad shuts off but the system continues booting as normal.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use CBHC Mod by @panther666 to autoboot PadCon. With PadCon you can disable the Gamepad Screen while still being able to use it as Input device. That's what I use and love it, always have the Screen turned off ;)

Was gonna say the same thing. And if they don't use the CBHC mod, they can just use the PadCon homebrew app to turn off the screen after they've booted the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?