does 1.1.3 even fix games?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Shinobi_3, Aug 8, 2009.

Aug 8, 2009

does 1.1.3 even fix games? by Shinobi_3 at 3:52 AM (1,332 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Shinobi_3
    OP

Newcomer Shinobi_3 Member

United States
    i am tryin to update my firmware but it always says unknown device, so, does the latest firmware fix some of the newer games?

if it does, what games get fixed? if not, what does it fix?

2. pbolmstedt

Member pbolmstedt GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    1.1.3 is a significant compatibility improvement. It fixes, among other things, games that need the "old arm7 fix": http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list As you can see, it does not fix games that need the "new arm7 fix".

3. Shinobi_3
    OP

United States
    thanks, is there any way to update? it wont let me it says unknow device, and its the only thing plugged in etc etc

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Do you have any other cables laying around you can use? Also try switching ports if you haven't already.

5. Shinobi_3
    OP

United States
    yeah, i have a couple and all of them was the same error. i switched to 5 different usb ports.

i just fixed it, i looked under device manager and saw there was 2 usb mass storage devices, i disabled one of the mass storage devices then my ds-x was detected by the program

edit
    after updatin my firmware i did some of my own edits to some roms, and now blood of bahamut and kingdom hearts works on my ds fatass, but made in ore and mario luigi rpg 3 both lock up at certain parts