Gaming dock sock is needed but not avalible.

what should i do.

• Total voters

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got the switch. ive got a game. i got temporary 64 gb of storage using a sdhc. now all i need is a dock sock. bad news walmart did not have one...
so do i be careful inserting it into the dock. use a soft cloth as a temporary till i get a dock sock, or avoid the dock till i get one

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A dock sock, really? Is that a thing?
I would let my Switch get scratched all the way before going into such an inconvenience.

(that said, my dock just doesn't scratch it, I guess it is soft and docile /s)

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. dock sock, really? Is that a thing?
b. I would let my Switch get scratched all the way before going into such an inconvenience.

(c. that said, my dock just doesn't scratch it, I guess it is soft and docile /s)
a. google it
b. i like to take care of new concoles
c. official or 3rd party

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ive got the switch. ive got a game. i got temporary 64 gb of storage using a sdhc. now all i need is a dock sock. bad news walmart did not have one...
so do i be careful inserting it into the dock. use a soft cloth as a temporary till i get a dock sock, or avoid the dock till i get one
Don't get a dock sock, it can cause the Switch to get hotter while docked.
If anything get a screen protector. It should be easy to find in stores near you. Glass is obviously the best but a cheap plastic one will do the job.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
a dock sock? so you prefer your switch to overheat while playing docked i guess.

srs just buy a glass protector and never worry about scratches i know i have on my switch pure glass and costed like 8 euros or so, if it ever gets too damaged or scratched just take out and put another...

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had no issues with no cover between my switch and the dock so far. If your worried then perhaps take a coin or some round flat ended object that has a diameter that is the distance from front to back of the inner area the switch goes into and slide it up and down. If it moves freely up from the bottom to the top on both sides then it's parallel and your fine. But, if it doesn't and has a harder time sliding along towards the top then the front panel is most likely tilted inwards in wich case you should worry. If you don't mind how it looks then you could also always just remove that front panel as its just the logo and for helping to angle the switch right onto the plug.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining that their dock scratched their Switch screen, either have a slightly bent in Dock, a slightly bubbled out Switch, or are just careless when they dock their Switch. Because I can tell you, over a year later, no dock sock, no screen protector, and not a single scratch on my Switch. You don't even need to be super careful when you're putting the Switch in, just don't be careless, and as long as your Switch or dock aren't bent in anyway, then you will be just fine without a dock sock.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telling by the vote counts just carefully insert it into the dock and judging by other comments ge a screen protector.
am i right?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a "screen protector" on my switch and it doesnt get scratched in the dock at all. Its not a very good screen protector but it prevents any scratches from appearing.
I have a launch day dock and I have no bends in it either.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a "screen protector" on my switch and it doesnt get scratched in the dock at all. Its not a very good screen protector but it prevents any scratches from appearing.
I have a launch day dock and I have no bends in it either.
thx.

im planning on having the poll up till the 31 of this month to see what i should do. for right now im carefully puting the switch in the dock and having a fan by it so it can try to cool down. does anyone know what the temps. are for mario odyssey?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
having a fan by it so it can try to cool down. does anyone know what the temps. are for mario odyssey?
You dont need a fan. Imo, just leaving the back cover of the dock open is enough to cool it down (unless the area around you is warm)

The switch doesn't have heat problems either...

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I bought my switch on release date, and it doesn't have any scratch on the screen whatsoever (I don't have any screen protection installed nor any unoffficial dock or dock condom sock)

People are very paranoid, just don't be an idiot and put your switch gently on the dock

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
well I will how my way on this.
(ps I got switch since day one and this tiny mods is around the same day I know I have posted it here when I did it.)
Used :
Soft cloth for glasses.
Duck-tape <- is this how we call it ? anyway use cause my switch is always place like the picture where it is in it's dock, so I do no wanted the dock to have traces.
Tempered glass for switch display.
Obliviously Switch and it's dock.
Cost me few minutes, and an used/unneeded soft cloth for my glasses.

Album picture of my dock and bit of dust ^^'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.