• No

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I deleted FB, lots of people I didn't want to have in my list but didn't want to delete because i thought it is unfriendly. Don't like the phenomen of collecting friends like trading stickers or so... But sometimes I miss the individual news and impressions, not only shit, sometimes interesting things. Don't like the datamining Stasi concept of all these companies...

Reactions: Acrux

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do. It's great.

Some people like to think about sites like Facebook that's just a way to measure e-dicks or to mind some Mr nobody's business. That behavior, compared to a forum, it's like an user spamming his own blog or attempting to be Mr funny guy for a few more likes or stalking someone's profile because their avatar remind you something you like. Sure, it happens a lot, but it's not what's all to it.

For example: I use Facebook to draw an imaginary closeness with some people that could never be reached in real life, because of time restraints or the distance. I can also see what other stuff people shared (yes, most of it is shit, but if you spend two months hiding all the dank meme groups you end up with interesting stuff) and keep myself updated to stuff I'm interested in from more famous people (like singers). I also use YouTube comments to find uncredited song names (believe me, it happens all the time), forums to see or share thoughtful opinions and so on. I used to be on Reddit until it became too shitty for my tastes.

Truth is, people like to complain a lot about popular stuff, as somehow it makes them feel special. Those you often see complain about social media are on sites like reddit or 4chan all the time. Those who often complain about football watch shitty esport teams (which, by the way, are hundreds of times more likely to partake in fixed matches). Those who complain about gossip media follow blogs of their female Asian idol, and so on.

Bottomline: use the instruments you are given in a way you feel productive. Don't need it? Don't use it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Seliph

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp is all that I have. I have a Twitter but I've never tweeted and I follow only JonTron and Wayforward. (The company that made Shantae)

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. It's a pretty good way to keep in touch with friends, and seeing what other people do can be fun.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. I use them, but most of the time not active. It comes and goes. I use soc media, get burnt out on it, go back a while later etc.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have accounts for pretty much everything but I never use them besides gbatemp.net and one sub reddit. Everything else is just used for entering giveaways, So I voted no since I don't really use them.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I don't tend to have that much free time to waste on stupid shit like tweeter and facebook. I have a facebook account with a fake name and only a few people added that I barely look at, and I just recently made a twitter account for the soul purpose of using tweetdeck to find raids in Granblue Fantasy. Was a real pain in the ass toggling all the settings to make Twitter not be an annoying piece of crap.

D

Deleted User

I only use Twitter since i can actually enjoy it without giving out my personal information because it's forced upon me *cough* Facebook *cough*
Other than that, I don't use anything. I have fake FB account so i can spam freshest memes to my rl friends and that's all.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, and I hate the Fake news on it, I have an uncle how uses it and at this point he only believes news if its posted on facebook and is convinced the newspapers are corrupt, it's fucking ridiculous. he believes stories about gangrapes and beatings happening in the every corner of the province, when in reality, its just some social media justice warrior fearmongering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson