Do you use social media?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Seliph, May 7, 2017.

?

Do you use social media?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    I don't, the only thing that I use that can be sort of compared to social media would be GBAtemp (of course) and Ifunny. I've never really understood the appeal of social media.

2. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I deleted FB, lots of people I didn't want to have in my list but didn't want to delete because i thought it is unfriendly. Don't like the phenomen of collecting friends like trading stickers or so... But sometimes I miss the individual news and impressions, not only shit, sometimes interesting things. Don't like the datamining Stasi concept of all these companies...

Acrux likes this.
  3. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Who doesn't nowadays?

4. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I do. It's great.

Some people like to think about sites like Facebook that's just a way to measure e-dicks or to mind some Mr nobody's business. That behavior, compared to a forum, it's like an user spamming his own blog or attempting to be Mr funny guy for a few more likes or stalking someone's profile because their avatar remind you something you like. Sure, it happens a lot, but it's not what's all to it.

For example: I use Facebook to draw an imaginary closeness with some people that could never be reached in real life, because of time restraints or the distance. I can also see what other stuff people shared (yes, most of it is shit, but if you spend two months hiding all the dank meme groups you end up with interesting stuff) and keep myself updated to stuff I'm interested in from more famous people (like singers). I also use YouTube comments to find uncredited song names (believe me, it happens all the time), forums to see or share thoughtful opinions and so on. I used to be on Reddit until it became too shitty for my tastes.

Truth is, people like to complain a lot about popular stuff, as somehow it makes them feel special. Those you often see complain about social media are on sites like reddit or 4chan all the time. Those who often complain about football watch shitty esport teams (which, by the way, are hundreds of times more likely to partake in fixed matches). Those who complain about gossip media follow blogs of their female Asian idol, and so on.

Bottomline: use the instruments you are given in a way you feel productive. Don't need it? Don't use it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Seliph likes this.
  5. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    an anti-anime bunker
    Gbatemp is all that I have. I have a Twitter but I've never tweeted and I follow only JonTron and Wayforward. (The company that made Shantae)

6. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    I have plenty of shitposts on Twitter

7. Primalus

Primalus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    United States
    I use Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. It's a pretty good way to keep in touch with friends, and seeing what other people do can be fun.

8. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Yes and no. I use them, but most of the time not active. It comes and goes. I use soc media, get burnt out on it, go back a while later etc.

9. supergamer368

supergamer368 CustomTitle.txt

May 22, 2016
    United States
    A wastebasket reading my neighbor's mail
    I'm exactly like you, using GBATemp and iFunny.

Seliph likes this.
  10. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Facebook, gbatemp (if that could ever be a so called social media) and more recently twitter.
    I'm a very sociable guy, so they always are on high speed mode :P

11. LaPingas

LaPingas FGC Monster

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    Yes. Why not?
    Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (one shitpost account one trolling acount @harambe4k), GOOGLE PLUS AND MIIVERSE(not really)..

12. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    I have accounts for pretty much everything but I never use them besides gbatemp.net and one sub reddit. Everything else is just used for entering giveaways, So I voted no since I don't really use them.

13. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    No I don't tend to have that much free time to waste on stupid shit like tweeter and facebook. I have a facebook account with a fake name and only a few people added that I barely look at, and I just recently made a twitter account for the soul purpose of using tweetdeck to find raids in Granblue Fantasy. Was a real pain in the ass toggling all the settings to make Twitter not be an annoying piece of crap.

14. jamespoo

jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    i use facebook

15. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I only use Twitter since i can actually enjoy it without giving out my personal information because it's forced upon me *cough* Facebook *cough*
    Other than that, I don't use anything. I have fake FB account so i can spam freshest memes to my rl friends and that's all.

InquisitionImplied likes this.
  16. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Nope, and I hate the Fake news on it, I have an uncle how uses it and at this point he only believes news if its posted on facebook and is convinced the newspapers are corrupt, it's fucking ridiculous. he believes stories about gangrapes and beatings happening in the every corner of the province, when in reality, its just some social media justice warrior fearmongering.

17. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I bare use it.
    No interest in it and I forget it 99% of the time.