Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought one

I couldn't stand being itchy and having dry skin so I bit the bullet

I am like not entirely sold on the idea it really works - do you guys use humidifiers and in your experience did they do anything?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The opposite here. UK winters pretty much demand a dehumidifier unless you want to be mopping your windows and walls down every morning.
Gotta love that dank British air :yay: :yay:
Huh now that is interesting

Here it gets really really cold and the air gets dry, and this is only compounded by heating which dries the air even further

So is winter there mostly a rainy season?

Reactions: SylverReZ

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh now that is interesting

Here it gets really really cold and the air gets dry, and this is only compounded by heating which dries the air even further

So is winter there mostly a rainy season?
In fairness I know exactly what you mean, my hands get like crocodile skin around this time of year because of the cold drying them out.

Some winters are really dry but this year we seem to be getting a lot of rain so far. Indoors you get a lot of humidity build up, especially in the older houses. Mine was built around 1900-1920 so it feels like a tomb on cold mornings.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading more about it, the core problem is cold air can't hold much moisture

So bringing in cold air from outside and heating it will bring dry air in. Then once warm, the dry air readily evaporates the moisture from your skin - compounding the problem

Our winters are probably more dry here primarily because North American winters are much more extreme and it gets colder - making the air much dryer

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reading more about it, the core problem is cold air can't hold much moisture

So bringing in cold air from outside and heating it will bring dry air in. Then once warm, the dry air readily evaporates the moisture from your skin - compounding the problem

Our winters are probably more dry here primarily because North American winters are much more extreme and it gets colder - making the air much dryer
That makes a lot of sense, it's something I've never thought into much before now.

I guess in our case being a small island on a similar latitude to Canada doesn't help. But then a dry winter doesn't sound like much fun either :wtf:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't, but I have considered it. I definitely notice my skin getting drier in the winter, especially my lips. But it seems to be tied a lot to the cold, since going outside seems to make it worse, even a humidifier can't do anything about the outdoors.

Reactions: SylverReZ

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes a lot of sense, it's something I've never thought into much before now.

I guess in our case being a small island on a similar latitude to Canada doesn't help. But then a dry winter doesn't sound like much fun either :wtf:
You guys tho never get Canada level cold (and not even Indiana cold) because of the gulf stream

It brings warm air from the Caribbean, and is the main reason Edinburgh for instance never gets to Moscow levels of cold despite both being at about the same latitude

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Houston is humid for 99.99% of the year. I love the like, 2 days of dry weather we get in the winter.
We need to invest in some sort of wind tunnel to transport all that sweet sweet moisture to the Midwest

In exchange we can teach texans how to operate snow plows and salt trucks

Reactions: Chary

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need one. I have a aquarium and some humidity dependant reptiles in my room, so it's always arround 60% to 80% in my room. It really sux in the summer.
If you have humidity dependent reptiles doesn't that mean you need a humidifier even more?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock