Gaming Do you think switch can handle RotTR?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rise of the tomb raider for those who didnt get it
Do you think switch can handle rottr?
If so, what w
Quality could be handled?
Also, do you think tressfx/purehair could be handled by the switch too?
I know those graphics technology are made and optimised for amd gpu, but i handled them very well with my old gtx760 from nvidia...(around 30-40fps)

So? Your guess?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has an Xbox 360 port, so definitely.
Actually it doesnt.
It has its prequel, tomb raider 2013, along with ps3/4 and xbo
Rottr has only ps4/xbo port. I never played this game on these console. So idk about tressfx/purehair

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why again do you use an abbreviation in the title if you type it out regardless? Is that some kind of attempt at clickbaiting? It definitely is not an attempt at efficiency. :P

I'd guess it may be possbile, but nobody's gonna do it.

And yes, it DOES have an X360 port. Just take a minute to google that if you don't know.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: osaka35

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why again do you use an abbreviation in the title if you type it out regardless? Is that some kind of attempt at clickbaiting? It definitely is not an attempt at efficiency. :P

And yes, it DOES have an X360 port. Just take a minute to google that if you don't know.
Its because idk iif it would fit in the title

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really? Sorry then, my mistake

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I think if Doom can run on it, then nothing's truly off-limits. Some engines will need far more optimization than others, and it'll depend on how much optimization time a developer can spare, but honestly, I think almost anything could somehow run on it. Might not look pretty, but yeah, Switch can handle big games.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if Doom can run on it, then nothing's truly off-limits. Some engines will need far more optimization than others, and it'll depend on how much optimization time a developer can spare, but honestly, I think almost anything could somehow run on it. Might not look pretty, but yeah, Switch can handle big games.
This is the best explanation of what the Switch can handle that I've read. Bravo sir, bravo!

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I couldn't agree more, I think nearly any game could have the textures reduced, the shadows and lighting scaled down, particle effects reduced, frame rate reduced, view distance reduced and on and on.

But it's how much work it would take vs benefits, traditionally 3rd party titles don't sell that well, nearly everyone has another console or pc that could play that particular game better so that would effect sales etc.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I couldn't agree more, I think nearly any game could have the textures reduced, the shadows and lighting scaled down, particle effects reduced, frame rate reduced, view distance reduced and on and on.

But it's how much work it would take vs benefits, traditionally 3rd party titles don't sell that well, nearly everyone has another console or pc that could play that particular game better so that would effect sales etc.
Well, there are some people who don't have those other consoles or even the ability to play it on their PC. I'd take the shittiest looking and running game if it were a game that I enjoy, want to play, and is at least playable. Even 15 FPS is playable in my opinion!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Difference with Switch of course is that you're getting these full console/PC games in a portable. Scaled down, sure, but still the same games. People have already shown willingness to even re-buy games just for that aspect or the hybrid aspect.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Difference with Switch of course is that you're getting these full console/PC games in a portable. Scaled down, sure, but still the same games. People have already shown willingness to even re-buy games just for that aspect or the hybrid aspect.
I totally agree, if I had the choice of buying a game on Switch or on say PS4 I would choose Switch every time, my reasons would be silence; those fans are so noisey on the PS4 and portability, I dont mean playing out and about but my kids and missus take up most of the TV time so at least on Switch I get to play games whenever I want without having to book in advance lol.

My point though was that for a lot of games already released those optimizations have not been done already and bit would require developers and publishers to spend money and time to make them fit, which at this point in time not many will bother with, especially as the focus these days is on multiplayer microtransactions and service models because money is the only thing they care about.

In the next few years though I expect many developers to develop Switch games along side their larger platform titles, the user base should soon be reaching a large business sector for gaming which would be stupid to ignore.

Reactions: Xzi

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck not? I'm sure it can. It has the power of the tegra X1. Some people think is almost nothing but depends on what is compared to. Remember Nvidia shield tv has actual games on there, Resident evil 5, Metal Gear rising revengence, Metal gear solid 2 HD, borderlands, Half life and more. The system surpasses the ps3 and xbox 360 Generation of games according to nvidia statement of the tegra x1. It places it probably of running most games after 2015 with some limitations. :ninja:

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 360 version is pretty decent from what I've heard so yeah it can. Obviously it won't have the visual fidelity but it should run. Battery life might be BotW shit though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s