Gaming Do you think Nintendo might reopen the dsi shop?

kubu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe this is very unlikely but maybe in the future Nintendo may reopen the dsi shop for an anniversary.

Although there are problems such as licenceing issues. So I believe that it may never happen but its fun to think.

removedcables

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Nintendo shut it and the Wii shop down in the first place. They could have placed it in some VM somewhere, which I'm sure they have spare VM capacity, and just make sure they renew the SSL certs once every few years. They are a tech company after all. Then again this is Nintendo which has shown time and time again that they don't know how to do online services.

Reactions: Tarmfot and kubu

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not-gonna-happen.jpg

nintendo never re-open old services. once it's shut down that's it shut down forever.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: kubu

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand why Nintendo shut it and the Wii shop down in the first place. They could have placed it in some VM somewhere, which I'm sure they have spare VM capacity, and just make sure they renew the SSL certs once every few years. They are a tech company after all. Then again this is Nintendo which has shown time and time again that they don't know how to do online services.
Keeping the shop online costs virtually nothing. The shop is technically still online allowing redownloading purchased software.

If there still was a possibility to buy DSiWare (WiiWare, Wii Virtual Console) Nintendo would have to provide technical support in case anything payment related goes wrong (and possibly some "I can't connect" issues). I guess this is not worthwhile for the very few sales to expect.

I don't think this is limited to Nintendo. Most companies discontinue services that are not profitable (anymore).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo