Do you think MiiVerse will....

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kongsnutz, Nov 26, 2012.

1. kongsnutz
    OP

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    have an affect on forums such as this?
    It seems that MiiVerse is now the place to talk about Wii U games, it's even split up per game all nicely.

Just asking!

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I doubt it. This site has lots of talking about hacks and stuff. I suspect those get moderated a lot more than over here.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    ...end in December?

4. crono141

crono141 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    With a 100 char limit per post, no MiiVerse is absolutely no threat to any online forum.

5. picano

picano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    Nebraska
    I wouldn't quite say that. If people are willing to put up with a 140 char limit for twitter, 100 isn't that much of a stretch. Of course, it won't replace serious discussions spanning paragraphs and pages... but it will pull away the quick single line question / answer posts.

Also, it is a much friendlier community (half due to active moderation, half due to only people owning the console being able to access it) than say... GameFAQs where any given post will start a troll/fanboy flame war.

6. kongsnutz
    OP

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    That's my point really, I mean if the trolls aren't there, why would anyone want to risk going to gaming forums.