• Total voters

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that, in this time of "technology at your fingertips", we seem to be migrating away from the stylus. What do you guys think?

Is the stylus still useful to you? Do you prefer them over your hands?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what I need do with the touch screen. If I try using my hands and that doesn't work, I just switch to the stylus.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dislike using a stylus, even on the DS, only when it contributes nothing to the gameplay, like if I'm forced to use a stylus for Phantom Hourglass.

I have an iPod Touch, and it's just a lot more convenient with just fingertips. Faster typing too.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like the ability to use a stylus if I need to, but I enjoy my capacitive screens. I was surprised at how accurate using fingers would be even on smaller links on a screen like that. If it doesn't leave smudges and is always supportive of gliding (as long as it doesn't slow down if your fingers are moist or something) then it's fine, although I think screens still need to work on the no smudging thing. Typing would be good when the keyboard is a good size for my fingers. They're by no means stubby but they are rather big. I'm still used to a tactile keyboard but I think given time I could get used to touch keyboards.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Stylus has precision and cleanliness going for it.

Fingertips has...uh....I....hmm....multitouch going for it. Assuming you're not wearing gloves. And the screen's large enough.

Unless you have something the size of an iPad, I don't think that fingertips really have a vantage point, to be honest. I mean, going at becat's argument here, would you have preferred to use your fingers for Phantom Hourglass? Cuz you can...

There's no reason anyone would want to, though...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I like how a stylus doesn't obstruct your view very much. Multitouch input pretty much requires fingers though. Tough call, but I lean toward stylus input. (Nintendo fanboy reporting for duty.
biggrin.gif
)

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love to be able to switch. finger input is fine for large buttons or swiping across the screen (and is the only method I use for games really), but when it comes to touching small objects like links or keyboard keys, the enhanced precision of a stylus is something I really miss on capacitive screens, as I tend to touch the item below the one I am pointing at.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I hate all styluses except that big, beautiful DSi XL exclusive one.
wub.gif
Most comfortable way to play games that require the touch screen.
smile.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hell, I love styluses, I even got one for my iPod touch, but I don't use it because I don't have anywhere to put it. I hate the inaccuracy of the fingers as well as the smudges on the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool