Do you like your life situation?

Mr. Looigi Apr 15, 2019.

1. Fabian Schuchhardt

Fabian Schuchhardt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Fabian Schuchhardt is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 28, 2015
    Germany
    Germany, Hessen, Bebra-Breitenbach
    Be me.
    A trainee in IT that hates his company and everyone there.
    Get home and be completely dead inside, cause he gets yelled at the work 24/7 and his parents just separated.
    But hey. Just 5-6 more months till I finish my education and can work at a better company.
    GG ^^

Btw. I just noticed that my age is +10 on this site ._.

Last edited by Fabian Schuchhardt, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    hang in there buddy

3. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Family-wise? Absolutely. Great wife that for some reason loves me and thinks I'm the best man for her in the whole world (I try make her believe that every day, so I think I'm mostly safe). Two great kids that do whatever they want from me. Messy house that gives way too much work.

Professionally, I want a bit better, but I'm restarting studies coming the 23rd.

But, sometimes remains of my depression creep in and I have a bit of a hard time dealing with it. Dying comes to mind way too often. But, I have way too many reasons to live, now. Dying ain't in my horizon, but I might let you know beforehand, yes? Love, y'all.

Also, you are all amazing, and I like to share the world with you.

4. Fabian Schuchhardt

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 28, 2015
    Germany
    Thx. ^^
    Have a great day :)

alexander1970, Mr. Looigi and Budsixz like this.
  5. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    "Do you like your life situation?"

I'd say more than 90% of the population would say no. To say yes means you hit the very top, is there really a top? There's always room for growth and improvement. But going more technically into the question, I guess there's a point where you start "liking" it.

alexander1970 and Budsixz like this.
  6. Fabian Schuchhardt

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 28, 2015
    Germany
    Well look at that.
    Just as everything went good for some days, I got "semi" fired from my job.
    My instructor said, that I am fired. I had time until the 26 to improve and stay, but it is very unlikely that I could change me so much to have any chance.
    Fuck my life.

Last edited by Fabian Schuchhardt, Sep 17, 2019
    Budsixz and alexander1970 like this.
  7. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I hate my life. I just want to make music and play keyboard, but I have this shitty fucking job at the TV station. The one thing I enjoy is my wife and son. Family is good, but she is always coming up with the schemes to punish me and waste my money.

8. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

That is always a cruel Thing: to have a Job you do no like.
    Maybe it is time to "change" some "things" in your life ? :)

Jiehfeng likes this.
  9. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I can't. My boss loves me, thinks I am his best friend. He's good, don't get me wrong, just not complete with the racist stuff.

alexander1970 likes this.
  10. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    While that seems nice of you, I feel everyone in this world needs a certain level of selfishness, compromises like that aren't a good way to live.

11. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Sorry, I must have framed him as the ghoul. It's me.

12. Reynardine

Reynardine Wrote in ancient letters, my name is Reynardine

Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Negativland
    My life is a bit of a mess, but I try to make the best of it. Complaining is useless, it doesn't make things better.

13. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    That is a commendable attitude,my Friend.:)

Reynardine likes this.
  14. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I wish more people had this mindset.

alexander1970 and Reynardine like this.
  15. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I am not happy with my life situation. And yes, some people have it worse, blah blah blah, doesn't change the fact that I am not personally happy where I am in life right now.

Why am I not happy? Well, I am somewhat depressed (no clinical diagnosis, but it would explain a lot of symptoms), stressed and anxious. I need to sort out a few things in my life, and that is tough stuff.
    Immigration stuff is a really shitty thing too, adding to previous stress and anxiousness.

So no. I'm not.

16. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Exactly! This is pretty much how I could put it myself.

17. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Maybe it helps you,to try remembering a little about your nice travel,if you have an other "shitty" moment.:)

18. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    Awww man sorry to hear that. Try your best and don't lose heart. Give it your all in the time left and I hope you get to keep your job

19. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Yeah, that makes my heart warm and fuzzy. But that's also a big part of the bad feeling about my life situation. To be able to take things further with her, I'll have to get out of my current life situation and that's why I'm not happy with it :)
    I need a new job, and a new place to live, and a lot of stuff to be able to deal with immigrations. Then it's a waiting game, up to 2 years, before you get a decision if you get residency or not. So it's a crappy feeling,.

20. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    Sometimes even when both sides are not at fault it could be that things just won't work the way they are.
    Being stressed at job is common but there is a limit after which it affects you on a personal level. At that point you should really consider a job switch
    As for your family situation I am in no position to comment on that but I can say that proper communication and patience helps to solve many relationship issues so maybe start there

21. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    Little update ; just out of the hospital. I kinda told my ex i was gonna od at my next pay friday , so she called the cops , they come while i was going to sleep(i work night shift) (shes in montreal for the week end not even present while this happen )get woken up by the cops who want to enter the appartment . I said no you need a valid reason , so they go on we beleive you may be a danger to yourself. So you let us enter or we use the force . So the force it is i said . After a good brawl i give up once they call a third guy and anyway i was just doing that for my own amusment . They put the coffs and bring me in the car while waiting for an ambulance to take me to the hospital where i wasted my last day off for nothing but blabla that got nowhere . They released me at the end of the day .i come back to sleep ,. I wake up pick up stuffs. My ex is back and now she tell me i have 2 months to get someplace else since evrething is at her name , app ,phone ,internet . I have a bunch of stuff idk where to go what to do , i really dont feel like working. Im at total lost right now . I dont see any objective worth of it everything is meaningless and the efforts i would have too do way to big for me .

Budsixz likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted