Do you like dating sims?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Several of my mates though got divorced, cost them a fortune, are no longer available for coming out to play (at least until the divorces happen), found out their kids were not their kids, became crushed by nagging harpies and otherwise had serious negative outcomes. That might even be the majority at this point -- risking £200k on a coin flip at best seems a really silly idea.
I mean that sounds like a fault of the people they chose though, not marriage itself.

• Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean that sounds like a fault of the people they chose though, not marriage itself.
I would not discourage a better picker or indeed go the other way and suggest if you can't find someone decent (which may or may not be statistically difficult -- the percentage of the population that is fat and on head meds alone assures that) then just walk away rather than tolerating dross regardless of how much your hormones are raging, however if the system itself incentivises the behaviour (the game predicts the playerbase and all that) then there is some fault there too.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For me, it highly depends on the game.

There's an otome mobile game called Mystic Messenger that makes the conversations you have with the romance targets seem a lot more real. Everything plays out in real time, and you'll be requested to play a few minutes here and there over the course of a day, almost like you're actually conversing with someone! Though you don't get many opportunities to choose responses, you do get a sense that you're actually part of a real, living group. It's quite interesting and I enjoyed it quite a lot!

The spiritual sequel, the Ssum, has this as well, but the story is less exciting and there's only one romance target. However, due to this, the game gives you many more opportunities to choose responses. On the other hand, the game is also quite demanding in its conversation times, far more than Mystic Messenger was. After I moved to my new job, I ended up having to drop the game altogether because it kept pestering me for conversations, for minigames, for answering daily questions, etc. It was far too frequent for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp