Hardware Do you leave your Switch plugged in overnight?

D

Deleted-355425

Never play docked always handheld mode and I don’t use the standby/sleep function. Just switch it off completely when I’m done. I do this with most of my electronics... I have to pay for my electric bills lol.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm charging my 3ds a lot too, and always over night. doesn't decharge that fast for me.
might be a defective battery.
also noticed that it makes a huge difference wether or not a game is plugged in. i've got a hollowed out cart (chip removed) and if i have that in my 3ds, it gets like 30-50 minutes extra battery life and standby drain is reduced significantly.
Yeah, battery might be defective now but it never was this bad until I basically left it on the charger for 6-12 months of not using it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my switch is practically never out of it's dock and still running FINE. the wiiu controller has been in it's charging cradle for a whole year now that's still working too :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, battery might be defective now but it never was this bad until I basically left it on the charger for 6-12 months of not using it.
ah, it wasnt in use. so it never decharged below like 95% or whenever it starts charging again. then it probably did waste bunch of cycles which certainly could have caused that.

in that case, get a new battery if you can (and get an original one, 3rd party, even if they advertise higher charge, they usually break even quicker)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my switch is practically never out of it's dock and still running FINE. the wiiu controller has been in it's charging cradle for a whole year now that's still working too :lol:
the question is, how long would their charge last if you took them away from the cable now?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N3DS has a very easy to replace battery. Nintendo sells them officially for $14.99 plus shipping and maybe tax. Just unscrew the back and you should be able to disconnect. No clue about the 2DS though.

2DS XL, not the regular 2DS; I've yet to find any info on them. Same screen size as the N3DS. I don't know about it.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave it plugged in most of the time. Only unplug it when I'm not on the couch next to an outlet. Still haven't docked it yet since I prefer portable

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep it docked. I figure that's the least amount of strain on the battery, since once it's charged everything runs straight off the mains and the battery is left alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end