Do you know many adult DS Gamers?

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I am "assuming" a large portion of you lot are teens ie between 13 and 19.
But for the sake of argument, lets give anyone under 25 honourary "young people" status in this question.

And the question is, how many people do you know are happy to be Nintendo DS gamers (ie it's YOUR DS, it's not your kids and you are just borrowing it).

I'm genuinely curious to know how many adult DS gamers you have encountered.

People already here do NOT count, they must be people known outside of the GBATemp community.

The poll is single choice by the way.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I know adult console gamers and adults who own psp's but no one with a ds but that could be because its extremely unknown here.

Posts merged

I know adult console gamers and adults who own psp's but no one with a ds but that could be because its extremely unknown here.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not counting anyone here, I know nine adults, would be ten but I guess my Mrs is a year out of your "criteria".

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
I know about three adult gamers. You guys seem to know alot more then me xD

You're never to old, or young, to play a DS game
wink.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
yaynds.gif
yep i'm a little older than the 19 age limit
rofl2.gif

the ds i use is mine and it was the first one to be purchased (it was actually free but i'd wanted one anyway)
i was asking about routers the other week and the guy in the shop asked "is it for your husband"? LOL i emptied my handbag of my ds and three phone that are packed with games
1 phone my "old" one for transporting games about
1 as a spare with god knows how many games installed on it
my "new" main phone with vbag and n-gage installed into it
rofl2.gif

the ps2's mine the wii's mine and i want a psp for christmas
rofl2.gif

i know 3 other adult's with ds'
yaynds.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending on how strictly you observe your criteria (it may be the kids DS but I would certainly have no problem betting 90% of the time the adult has it). As for 25 that cuts off a few people as others have said (most adults as you term it I know have left the country now and their games playing habits are not usually something I know and my other friends who are still kids will tend to have a handheld of some form).

Totals, probably less than a console (most have at least a PS2 (usually having felt my touch) and PCs (adult tends to mean a bit of money and all the best golf, motorbike, racing, work distractions take place there it seems).
30% have a DS, 40% if you include usurped from kids and most of the remaining are not adverse to playing should one appear.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother and my cuzin have DS's, 24 and 25, I got one, 22. I've had one since the Phat Silver one that came with Mario 64 DS port. Irecent got a Slim Onyx one. Big Difference in the lighting.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's like a 3% chance in Illinois. My parents and their friends are more into other technology like TV and computers but don't really pay attention to Video Games, I don't think half of them have ever played one before.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
All DS (and Wii) owners I know are adults (over 25) (plus my brother, who's 18, so, technically...). Kids (that I know of) usually go for the PSP.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah Im an ADULT and so is my G/F and SON we ALL play ds
smile.gif

nothing wrong with that
smile.gif

note too that ALL DS adverts I've seen in the UK are SHOWING ADULTS using DS consoles
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?