Do you guys recommmend buying flashcards form nds-card?

walkyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, so i live in Mexico and i'd like to buy a R4I-B9S flashcard to mod my N2DS, and that's pretty much all

walkyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know it's just a few bucks more, but 16 usd is all i can save atm so i opted for a b9s one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: KlariNoX and walkyu

walkyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tbh although i know modding a 3ds i kind of risky, i feel like the flashcard method is more safe? also i don't have a pc handy right now

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh although i know modding a 3ds i kind of risky, i feel like the flashcard method is more safe? also i don't have a pc handy right now
Check my edited post above for a cheaper option. If it ain't the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, you might as well get something as low as possible that'll do the job in hacking. You can also go as low as US $8 through aliexpress.
I don't recommend the really cheap ones because of the time bomb, but you can bypass it with YSMenu kernel.

Hacking the 3DS/2DS system with the ntrboot method is easier but costs more. If you're on a budget, Fredminer and related *miners will get you the same result but with some more work involved but not really that difficult IMO.

Reactions: walkyu

walkyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how's that? bc i've read something about the possibility of your console being bricked by nintendo or something like that

also, is the shipping free for all countries in nds-card?

edit - apparently you can brick it by accident too but only if you're dumb enough

Last edited by walkyu,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
how's that? bc i've read something about the possibility of your console being bricked by nintendo or something like that

also, is the shipping free for all countries in nds-card?

edit - apparently you can brick it by accident too but only if you're dumb enough
You really can't brick it while hacking these days, as there are "systems" to check everything. So unless you purposely use wrong stuff, yea.

Reactions: KlariNoX and walkyu

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're really buying one for the sake of 'safety', an additional $4 wouldnt be a problem to "protect" a $100 device would it:unsure:?
if affordability for that amount is a problem just follow what TurdPooCharger suggested and save the whole $16 instead. and wow, i didnt realize that a pc isnt needed to mod with a flashcard?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're really buying one for the sake of 'safety', an additional $4 wouldnt be a problem to "protect" a $100 device would it:unsure:?
if affordability for that amount is a problem just follow what TurdPooCharger suggested and save the whole $16 instead. and wow, i didnt realize that a pc isnt needed to mod with a flashcard?
Maybe his 3DS was received as a gift. Standard of living means that US $16 costs a fortunate for some people around the world. For some of the newer flashcart models like the R4i Gold Plus 3DS, it has a secondary ntrboot flashrom built-in with a switch.

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe his 3DS was received as a gift. Standard of living means that US $16 costs a fortunate for some people around the world. For some of the newer flashcart models like the R4i Gold Plus 3DS, it has a secondary ntrboot flashrom built-in with a switch.
true. nevertheless i would suggest him the 'free' methods like fredminer too and save the $16 for an sd card like i did. else it's definitely a big waste to have it sit somewhere else permanently after the softmod unless he plays nds games. it's kind of puzzling to me when the op responded like he wanted to save and waste money at the same time??

Reactions: walkyu

walkyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i used fredminer guys, thanks for the replies.
btw sorry if my wording is kind of weird but i'm still learning english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?