Do you feel a slight delay when using wii classic controller pro?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by eriol33, Aug 8, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I bought a wii classic controller pro (3rd party) although it's very subtle, but I can feel a delay and it makes the controller not ideal to play platfformer games such as mario bros (when I unplug it, the wiimote syncs really well with the game).

however I am not sure whether it's the case because the controller is not genuine, or there is actually a delay using wii classic controller pro

does anyone else share similar experience?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I don't have a Classic Controller Pro, only an original Classic Controller, but I never had this problem.

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I think it's an issue with older cIOSes. I haven't noticed any lag when using d2x.

4. Linkuei

Linkuei Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Argentina
    some chinese pirate classic controllers that i tested, have a really annoyng delay on input.

eriol33 likes this.
  5. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Maybe you can try setting your TV to game mode?

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I don't think TV settings would affect the console's controllers.

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    I had a similar issue with the Wii U gamepad and New Super Mario Bros U on my HDTV. Turning on game mode fixed it for me because that turns off most of the image processing/enhancement that the TV does. This removes the perceived delayed input which is actually lag caused by the TV.

But in OP's case there really may be a delayed input because of the 3rd party controller.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice