Status
Not open for further replies.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Given our experience, there has to be a cause for the universe, there has to be a source. The only thing that makes sense is something eternal, always having existed, and because our finite minds can't comprehend infinite concepts like this.

Athiestic scientists try to say that matter is eternal and the source of the universe, while Theistic scientists believe God created everything. Because eternal things cannot be observed and are fundamentally different than the finite things we're familiar with, it is outside the scope of science to attempt to explain this. After all, the difference between a guess and a hypothesis is that a hypothesis can be tested. We cannot test anything infinite or outside the universe, so everything is pure speculation.

That's actually funny ... so the universe can't just "exist" because of who know why but in the nothingness (yeah I know "nothing" does not exist) there can be a God ? where would that God come from to be able to create the universe ? and where would that be to begin with when there is nothing ?

I am 100% for science and 0% for Religion ....

Maybe there was/is something you could call God but all the stories about creating the universe and worlds and living beings and whatever are just stories made up by humans.

There is a Reason most Religious humans live in underdeveloped places with where science is not really far ...
and yes dear Americans I know your country is not underdeveloped but the most Hardliner are outside in the small villages where they are still burning witches and run after atheists with their forks XD

Last edited by Youkai,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
That's actually funny ... so the universe can't just "exist" because of who know why but in the nothingness (yeah I know "nothing" does not exist) there can be a God ? where would that God come from to be able to create the universe ? and where would that be to begin with when there is nothing ?

Maybe there was/is something you could call God but all the stories about creating the universe and worlds and living beings and whatever are just stories made up by humans.

There is a Reason most Religious humans live in underdeveloped places with where science is not really far ...
and yes dear Americans I know your country is not underdeveloped but the most Hardliner are outside in the small villages where they are still burning witches and run after atheists with their forks XD
The universe as we know it had a beginning. It is constantly expanding and because of entropy, losing usable energy. Scientists have done math and came up with the big bang theory.

Given this, something must have already existed, that is unless you believe something can come from nothing, which is contradictory to the universe as we know it, and all of science. You think it's funny that God can be eternal, having always existed, or have come from nothing, but find it perfectly reasonable that the universe, having been proven to have a beginning, always existed or came from nothing.

Your whole post sounds a little... arrogant. You should remember that despite all the knowledge we have because of science, like the brain, subatomic particles, and the grand scale of the universe, we still hardly understand the full extent of it all.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The universe as we know it had a beginning. It is constantly expanding and because of entropy, losing usable energy. Scientists have done math and came up with the big bang theory.

Given this, something must have already existed, that is unless you believe something can come from nothing, which is contradictory to the universe as we know it, and all of science. You think it's funny that God can be eternal, having always existed, or have come from nothing, but find it perfectly reasonable that the universe, having been proven to have a beginning, always existed or came from nothing.

Your whole post sounds a little... arrogant. You should remember that despite all the knowledge we have because of science, like the brain, subatomic particles, and the grand scale of the universe, we still hardly understand the full extent of it all.

Maybe you misunderstood me ...
you said the Universe couldn't just be there already and that the only explanation is a "God"
And I at least wanted to say that if there needs to be a God to make a universe there needs to be something else to "make" that so called "God"

if the universe can't just be there how can a god be just there ?
and if there is this so called god, what did he do before he created the universe and everything else ?

/// -edit-
If you were talking about the last part about the most religious ppl in underdeveloped countries than sorry but I feel that this is true !
In most counries where the education is high and everything is modern and such (not all of course) there are less religious humans than in other places and they are getting even less as the world evolves even further.

Last edited by Youkai,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Arrogant? People like Youkai aren't the ones making claims without evidence; the only ones doing that are people who say "We don't know X, therefore God".

You think it's funny that God can be eternal, having always existed, or have come from nothing, but find it perfectly reasonable that the universe, having been proven to have a beginning, always existed or came from nothing.
Except that the Universe isn't a conscious actor 'making' stuff; it just exists. We have evidence that the universe exists, not too much (read: less than zero) for God.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Only bad people don't believe in th creator. I believe because I know we are not created miracly. There is a reason for us to be here. That is to be tested for the afterlife. Any dis-believer who can prove me this. If we are miracle. Then who created big bang? I mean where did water'fire'stones came from? There is no way we are miracle. If the creator wanted he could show himself but He is not showing because this is a test. If he wanted he could made us like angels. Angels only obey the creator. They have no free will. We are humans we have free will we can obey & disobey creator. This is the test. If we disobey his rules. Then you'll know what will happen to you on judgement day. :)

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arrogant? People like Youkai aren't the ones making claims without evidence; the only ones doing that are people who say "We don't know X, therefore God".

Except that the Universe isn't a conscious actor 'making' stuff; it just exists. We have evidence that the universe exists, not too much (read: less than zero) for God.
How do you know the universe has no consciousness? One could argue that consciousness exists on every level of physics, as they all obey natural laws of the universe. As far as less than zero argument, read about infinite concept. Also check out Eulers identity. Both mathematical theories that end in paradox, just like the nature of the arguments about God existing or not.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do you know the universe has no consciousness? One could argue that consciousness exists on every level of physics
Considering that consciousness is an emergent property of sufficiently advanced brains, then no, one could not argue that without it being a very silly argument.

read about infinite concept. Also check out Eulers identity. Both mathematical theories that end in paradox, just like the nature of the arguments about God existing or not
Ah, okay, you just have no idea what you're talking about, got it.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that consciousness is an emergent property of sufficiently advanced brains, then no, one could not argue that without it being a very silly argument.

Ah, okay, you just have no idea what you're talking about, got it.
I find this whole argument silly tbh. It's ultimately the chicken/egg argument.And if I have no idea what I'm talking about, enlighten me?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness#

Last edited by brickmii82, , Reason: Wiki reference!!

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why? Do you / do you not believe in a god! You don't have to answer but please state that to avoid confusion!

I voted no since I do not believe in the Abrahamic God, as it asks "Do You Believe In God?", which implies that specific god, and no others.

Had the question been "Do You Believe In A God Or Gods?", I would have voted yes.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And if I have no idea what I'm talking about, enlighten me?
Euler's Identity simply describes the relationship between i, 1 and pi, it has nothing to do with God or anything like that.

I find this whole argument silly tbh. It's ultimately the chicken/egg argument.
This isn't "Did God create the universe or did the universe create God", it's about whether belief in the divine is justifiable.

Though I do agree that it is a silly argument; people have their views and it's not like talking with strangers on the internet is going to radically change people's minds.

At the end of the day, people are free to believe whatever they want to believe (or not believe).

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's less impacting to me, that it describes the relationship, as much as it proves that there IS a relationship. That concludes to an order in which the universes natural laws govern. Admittedly, I am a Christian, albeit for moral reasons Not fear of hell or whatever. Although I am continuously finding Pantheism fascinating. It's a very interesting and lively way of theological philosophy.

Last edited by brickmii82, , Reason: Crappy iPhone.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's less impacting to me, that it describes the relationship, as much as it proves that there IS a relationship. That concludes to an order in which the universes natural laws govern. Admittedly, I am a Christian, albeit for moral reasons Not fear of hell or whatever. Although I am continuously finding Pantheism fascinating. It's a very interesting and lively way of theological philosophy.
Maybe so, but it's a relationship in the same way that 1+2=3 is a relationship.

Pantheism and Christianity aren't necessarily incompatible; I have a few friends who are more 'Christian Deists' and hold positions similar to Pantheism.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe so, but it's a relationship in the same way that 1+2=3 is a relationship.

Pantheism and Christianity aren't necessarily incompatible; I have a few friends who are more 'Christian Deists' and hold positions similar to Pantheism.
Well ya got 1 more amigo!:wink:

Ps. Aliens did build the pyramids, I have a photo of ET with a hard hat and a lunchbox next to the Sphinx.
Pss. "God is a mean kid with a magnifying glass, and I'm an ant."

Reactions: GalladeGuy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The is a concept in... philosophy I guess call "god of the gaps". I mentioned it earlier but this last bout of conversation saw something like it possibly return.

The idea runs that people will ascribe things they do not understand to their god(s), something comes along and explains it and that position is abandoned for smaller and smaller gaps in knowledge. That we are now contemplating the start of existence (if indeed it did start and is not cyclical in some way) as a kind of last bastion/ultimate question then it speaks ill of the concept.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Religion and their gods is an invention by men.
From the ancient pagan gods to the current ones.
Religion: Ways to hate the other believers, go to war for, keep the population stupid and poor and gain power for the happy few.

If there is a God... I would like to ask him why he invented cancer in little children (the most innocent creatures), or let men destroy the animal kingdom without him as almighty come to the rescue..... Nope!!!!!! There is no God!!

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The is a concept in... philosophy I guess call "god of the gaps". I mentioned it earlier but this last bout of conversation saw something like it possibly return.

The idea runs that people will ascribe things they do not understand to their god(s), something comes along and explains it and that position is abandoned for smaller and smaller gaps in knowledge. That we are now contemplating the start of existence (if indeed it did start and is not cyclical in some way) as a kind of last bastion/ultimate question then it speaks ill of the concept.
The Marvel Comics universe had this cycle theory utilized in its writings. The current universe would be launched through "The Big Bang" after all cosmic bodies were consumed by enlarging black holes, they would start contracting back in on themselves to a "Cosmic Crunch". Then the energy would convert again into another "Big Bang". This is actually the birth origin of Galactus, as he somehow survived the crunch of the previous universe into the current ones Big Bang.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I believe God would want to you to believe in him in a way that suits you and not how it's spoon feed to people on how they should believe or worship. I believe there is an existence of a greater power but I don't have to go to church or read a bible to do so.

Reactions: xfxmrl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw